Chapter 8: Kidnapped for a Date

Eve

"Evelyn?" The voice was soft, like a cool breeze, and I only felt mild irritation at being called Evelyn.

"I know you can hear me because your mouth twitched into a frown," the voice whispered next to my ear.

I grumbled what I believed was "Go away", and pulled my blankets tighter around my shoulders.

"Since you're ignoring me I'm forced to resort to violence." The voice faded away as footsteps padded out of my room, then came back a moment later, moving slower. "I'm sorry to have to do this to you, especially on such an important day, but you've left me no choice." I snuggled deeper into my blankets, ignoring the voice, when I was suddenly doused in an ice cold liquid.

I shot up from the bed, dripping wet, and came face to face with a smirking Drake. "What the hell, Drake!" I yelled. Discarded at his side was a giant bucket, now empty, as all the water inside had been dumped on me and my bed.

"You were ignoring me!" He defended, still with that stupid smile on his face.

I was more tired than usual today, mostly because Jess and Kate made me watch at least a million movies last night after we stopped talking about James. I didn't get to sleep until around 4am. So with only a few hours of sleep, the fact that I'd been woken up on a Sunday morning by being dunked in ice water fueled my rage.

I tore my blankets off me and hopped off the bed, wiggling my finger in Drake's face as I yelled profanities at him. He laughed at my words, while his eyes subconsciously flickered away from mine and looked down to my clothes, and his breath hitched.

"Seeing what you're wearing, I should wake you early and pour water on you more often," Drake laughed, but his eyes weren't playful, there were aroused. I looked down horrified, and realized I was wearing nothing but a large t-shirt and lacy red underwear. My shirt that was now clinging to my breasts from the water.

I quickly grabbed a pair of sweats close to me and threw them on. But I had noticed that Drake had averted his eyes once he saw my legs were barren, and I smiled, though still blushing at his comment. I was very happy that he avoided looking at my body, but I still wasn't comfortable being near somebody in that amount of clothing. At least, not anymore.

Drake laughed. "I was just kidding. You can't really blame me though, you are wearing red lacy underwear," he joked as I blushed more with every word. I wasn't a major blusher, but I was pretty sure I was tomato-colored at the moment.

"They're comfortable," I defended. It wasn't my fault lace underwear was the next comfiest thing to granny panties. "I thought you weren't a morning person?" I stalled to try and hide my blush, but also because he'd that a few weeks ago, the day I asked for his assistance in pranking Kyle.

"I'm not, but this is important," he dismissed.

I noticed that Drake wore a faded red shirt with dark jeans, his hair standing on end like it usually did after he'd been pulling at it, and had chapped lips that I noted he licked every ten-ish seconds.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Kate let me in," he mentioned. Damn that short blonde... "And I'm waking you up, obviously," he explained with a cheeky smile.

"Obviously," I repeated, shaking some water out of my hair, "But why?"

"I'm taking you out to... let's call it breakfast. And possibly lunch and dinner. Maybe even dessert. Actually, scratch that. I know how you get around cake."