Prolouge

The rain poured from the sky, my eyes were red and puffy from the constant crying. My mom didn't completely understand what happened but she was still here and managed to look pretty sad too. I let out a shaky breath and clutched my umbrella handle tighter. The priest's loud voice as he read from the book but I barely heard him. The group of extended family, family friends, and random people from across two like teachers or the grocery store clerk made up a sea of black, white and dark blue. "-here is his mother to speak." Was all I heard before looking up to find my aunt at the front of the group, facing all of us. "Hello everyone." She sniffled and tears were still falling out of her eyes. "I'd like to thank you for your prayers, your time and your thoughts. I'm sure if he was here Georgie would've loved to see all of you in the same place." Her smile was sad. "I-I miss my son so much. It's only been a couple days since we pronounced him-" her voice broke and she stopped for a second and closed her eyes. When she opened them again she looked so so sad. "Gone but it feels like I just saw him yesterday. Excited to play in the rain. His green boots and his yellow coat." Her voice was thick with sadness. She shook her head and went back over to her husband. He held her and I looked down from them to my cousin, Bill. He looked sad, but also lonely.  With the slight movement of wiping my eye, I caught his attention. He seemed on edge. I smiled at him and he smiled back but his features changed as his father put a hand on his shoulder. He looked terrible. Like he hadn't slept in forever. Poor billy. The priest ended the small funeral and they lowered the small, empty coffin into the ground. Just the sight alone was for me to break. I let small sobs out as I covered my mouth with my free hand, my eyes letting tears fall like a roaring waterfall. I looked at the ground, fearing the looks of pitty around me. I didn't look up until I felt someone grab my hand. To my surprise it wasn't my mom, it was Bill and behind him were our other friends. I let out a loud ugly sob and wrapped my arms around him, my umbrella falling from my grip and lading in the soggy, muddy grass. He hugged me back and I held my hand out to Eddie who looked uncomfortably sad standing on his own. Stan patted Bill on the shoulder and Richie brought his hand up to ruffle my hair. "Don't cry Blondie." He said. I just sent my nose into Bill's neck and felt a tear that had flowed down his Cheek hit my neck. I gripped him tighter. "I'm gonna miss him." I whispered and bill nodded. "Me too Al."