4: did she just?

"I would like it better if she informed us when it was gonna be more boys." A voice said. I groaned as the bright stream of light came through the window. I reached over Richie's curled up body and grabbed my glasses. "Chris, it's just her friends. It's not like they're strangers." Mom voice was cheerful for this early hour. "She's doing things with them Vanessa. I can tell. Boys don't wanna hang out with girls unless they get something from it." Chris was angry he couldn't get my mom on his side. "It's fine Chris, just go to work. I'm gonna make some eggs for the kids." He mumbled and walked out the side door to the garage. I sat up as I heard his car leave the drive way and stretched. I scratched my head and sat up, ready to help my mom make breakfast. "Sit down Blondie, it's to early for this." Richie said and grabbed my waist, pulling me to lay down with him. I laughed lightly and tried to untangle myself from him. "Let go of me trashcan." Eddie had laid on the love seat, Stan was on the couch in his sleeping bag and Bill on the other side of me. "I'm gonna get some water, I'll be back." I said quietly to him. I sat back up and pulled myself to my feet. He stood up too and grabbed his gigantic glasses. "Water sounds nice."He smiled. We walked into the kitchen and my mom was taking her meds. "Hi mommy." I said and grabbed two cups from the cabinet. "Hello Ally-gator!" She smiled wildly at me pulled me into a hug. Richie laughed at the nickname. "Good morning Ms. V!" Richie said as she let go of me. "Hello Richard!" She pulled him into a hug too. I opened the freezer and pulled out our ice cube tray. I plopped a couple cubes in each cup and began to put water in them. I handed Richie the tray. "Put this in the freezer please." He took it and did as I asked. "Thanks." I turned and handed him a glass of water. He smiled and brought the glass up to his lips.

   "What's for breakfast mom." I asked her and she turned back to the stove. "Just some eggs and bacon. How do the boys want their eggs?" She asked. "I'll ask." I then proceeded to wake up the boys. "Bill, moms making food, go tell her what kind of eggs you want." I shook him. He groaned and woke up. I then woke up Stan, then Eddie. We all helped my mom make the food and set the table. As we helped, mom pinched Bills cheek and called him a nice young man. I giggled until she pinched my cheek and called my laugh adorable. "She really is!" Richie said, throwing an arm around me and punching my other cheek. I shrugged off his arms and stepped away from the pinches. "Toizer, Stop. This is assault." I said and the boys laughed. Mom pat my head and turned back to making Eddies scrambled eggs.

After we finished eating, Eddie, Stan and Richie went to get dressed. Bill and I decided to go last so we could begin to clean up the living room. My mom was sat in her rocking recliner watching the Tv as Bill and I took down the pillow fort. I pulled a pillow up and tossed it at bill with a smile. He laughed and tossed a stuffed animal at me. We laughed as we were folding stuff making jokes and messing each other up. Stan came down and told Bill to go get dressed. Richie and Eddie must've still been changing upstairs. Bill smiled as he grabbed his bag and ran up the stairs. "So Alice, you ready to go to the quarry?" Stan asked quietly as my mom wasn't to far away. "Supper ready." I replied and we kept folding. "I haven't been swimming since last summer." When Eddie and Richie came down the stairs they were fighting, as if they would do anything else. I threw a pillow at Richie. "Help us out idiot." I said then picked up the blankets to take upstairs. "Is Bill changing in my room or the bathroom?" I asked. "Your room." Eddie said. "Okay." I climbed up the stairs and knocked on my door. "Bill, you dressed?" I asked as I struggled to hold the blankets that belonged in my room. "Y-Yeah." He opened the door and sat on my bed to pull up his socks. I sat the blankets on the bed. I turned away and opened my drawers to look for clothes. "Im gonna change now." I told bill and he nodded, going downstairs and pulling my door closed. I pulled out some shorts and threw them on the ground next to me. I then opened my underwear drawer and pulled out some socks and undergarments, placing them with my clothes. I closed the drawer and picked up the clothes. I walked into my closet and pulled down a tank top.