T W E L V E

"HEY CLAY ITS MOM, CALL ME BACK once you hear this voicemail. It's- it's an emergency Clay-" Lainie Jensen said as she cried out while recording a voicemail, "Clay, Claire is hurt and we're on the way to the hospital, just please meet us there or call me back"

Lainie climbed into the back of an ambulance, Claire laying still on the gurney. Lainie gripped onto her daughters hand, she sobbed while staring at her pale daughter.

-

Clay sat in his car alone. The sound of static filling his ears from the radio playing, afraid. He close his eyes and the way Bryce gripped his sisters wrists struck his mind: how come Clay wasn't strong enough to stop it?

Clay blamed himself for what happened to Claire, he was sickened by himself. He couldn't help his sister, he couldn't help his friends. Clay hated Scott for the fact that he let bryce touch his girlfriend that way.

Clay looked down at his phone seeing the many missed calls and voicemails from his mom and his dad. He worriedly placed his phone to his ear and heard the panic in his parents voices when they mentioned Claire.

Clay dropped his phone, his eyes widened as he turned on his car. He called Justin quickly and told him to meet him at the hospital when he can and Clay didn't wait a second before speeding to the hospital.

-

"Claire?" Clay said softly knocking on her room door, "Claire, how are you doing?" He asked quietly looking at his broken sister.

"Fine" Claire muttered looking out the window.

"Clai- what did you do?" He asked sounding clueless, although he knew what she did.

"Nothing, don't worry about," Claire said, almost as if she was dead. There wasn't a hint of humanity or emotion in her voice causing clay to feel saddened for his sister.

"Claire, why didn't you call me?" Clay said sitting at the end of the bed.

"Why would I call you, Clay?"

"Because I'm your brother" Clay said with a confused look on his face, "your twin brother"

"So?" Claire said rolling her eyes, her eyes meeting Clay's, "you don't get it Clay"

"What?"

"You let Bryce to-touch me again, you didn't help me" Claire said with a shaky breath, "if I can't count on you to help me then, how would calling you to stop me from doing it- from hurting myself be any different? I still get hurt both ways" she said looking down at her stitches, "I'm tired"

"Cla-"

"Goodnight, Clay" Claire said quickly, sinking down under the blanket and turning to her side.