Chapter #44 Seraphina

The sunlight barely shone out of my curtained window. Casting a rather pinkish tone to the room, and making me snap my eyes wide open.

     "W-what?"

     Memories of the forest that we had been in swam in my mind, and I began to the the purple blanket on top of me, questioning where I was. But as soon as I had become disoriented, my other memories came, allowing me to understand where I was.

      I was in my room.

     Arlo and me had come back to my dorm after that agreement we came to with John. Elaine had healed Arlo quickly, he had seemingly gotten better with that cheek injury if his, and only bruises and cuts had marked his body. He went as quickly as he came, and I was left to explain what had happened with Elaine.

      As expected, I didn't tell her the whole story, making sure to leave out our exhaustion and starvation, and don't forget the bear and the cliff.

      Right after that, I had gone to bed, and here I was. Big blue eyes wide open, tangled hair, and a disoriented look on my face. I must have looked weird, you don't ever see this look on my face. I was sure nobody ever would, maybe except Elaine, who has woken me up in several occasions.

       I glanced at the clock on the dresser right next to my bed. My hand moved unconsciously, and I tilted it to the side to get a better view of it.

      But when I did get the chance to see it, I cocked to my head to the side almost in question. Six thirty in the morning? Impossible, I couldn't have slept that long, I only went to bed at around two on the afternoon...

       It suddenly clicked on my head, and I jumped out from bed, knowing that I had no time to waste. Taking my time to fully shower, and brush out my hair. I then put on my school uniform, planning ahead on the day. My ponytail was up, and my hair had somehow calmed down from it's messy chaos it was before.

      We had Turf Wars today. It was Sunday after all, and with our new team, I was a little worried about the outcome of it all. No doubt would we win the Turf Wars. But the question was how?

      Obviously we would have to watch out for John, who didn't know the difference between going easy on someone, or brutally pummeling one to the ground.

       I took a deep breath in, and put a hand to my forehead. I could feel the exhaustion that managed to linger, and knew that the experience in the forest was only part of the reason for it. All this stress was eating me alive.

       Oh jeez, and Arlo was reduced to 'Jack', I swear, this is the most unexpected school year ever...

       Obviously first, I would need to get some work done. I was surely done with all my homework, and since we didn't have school yesterday, I didn't have anything to worry about.

       But since the work that I had to catch up on was simply either cleaning the dorms, or checking in with Elaine on what we needed to get done, I bet I could choose something to do now. I'm not going to bother the blue haired girl sitting next door with any noises that might wake her up, nor any questions. So I might as well head over to the school and go to the library. Or maybe the infirmary, I bet I could ask Doc for a tonic to make the exhaustion go away...

       Oh right, he practically hates my guts now. That's out of the question.

        Growling a few words under my breath, I walked right out of my room, grabbing an orange out of the basket on my way out. I really should ask Elaine for apples, she always gets oranges though...

But by now, with all those oranges, it practically took me no time to separate the bright juicy orange from the skin of it. I threw it in the garbage and softly closed the door.