Twelveth is for Ties

"Do enlighten me," Erebus chuckled, her eyes holding an evil glint that swirled around playfully.

Truth be told, she was still much more powerful than Lilith or any false god there ever was. She knew that, so she wouldn't have trouble winning a fight. Lilith was just too gullible. She didn't mind that, though. She fed off of it, it filled her senses every time Lilith entered the room.

This time was different though. If she weren't good at acting Lilith would've known that she knew something was up. She felt the fear, the uncertainty. Erebus, herself, wasn't sure how to feel when feeling this. What was in store for her? She needed to find out. She couldn't be overthrown - and so soon!

"Well, you cant go very far with those-"

Erebus scoffed, cutting her "equal" off, "What are you trying to do, Lilith? Stall? You're going to be getting no where."

Lilith rolled her eyes hesitantly, but nonetheless wore a smirk, "Well, yes. But either way, you can't move."

"Hm, why is that-" Erebus tried to take a step forward, only to realize she had been pinned to her ground. "...What in the heavens have you done?"

"Hold on now, Erebus, don't blame me!" Lilith's eyes widened once she saw Erebus' change into a deep black abyss, easily figuring out that she had become infuriated. "It was him!"

"Who is him, exactly?" Erebus asked in a monotone voice as she focused on doing spells in her mind that could possibly unpin her from the floor.

qui exaltas me

qui exaltas me

Noticing Lilith's lack of reply, Erebus went on in a sickening sweet tone, "Dearest Lilith, I do hope for a reply. It's rude to ignore."

"Ambrose! Get out here, you deal with this!" Lilith cried as she backed away from Erebus upon noticing her now black eyes (she couldn't even see the whites anymore), and dark veins crawl to her eyes that were sprouting from her chest. "What're you doing?"

Erebus didn't reply, instead she focused on the spell she was chanting in her mind, only smirking evilly in acknowledgement.

qui exaltas me

qui exaltas me

"Erebus?!" Ambrose spoke now, panicking, his chest noticeably rising and falling as he backed farther away from what is becoming of Erebus. "Lilith, get Sabrina! This isn't right!"

"Right away," Lilith made no move to complain seeing as Erebus was practically morphing into something far more sinister than The Dark Lord's goat form right in front of them.

qui exaltas me de viribus simul!

Whatever had her pinned to the floor broke at once, the pieces flying away from the unknown impact. Erebus smirked at this, taking a step forward, but this time succeeding. Ambrose's eyes widened in shock and surprise, stumbling into a nearby bookshelf where he held himself up on. Not only had she escaped the trap, but she now had neon symbols all over her body, though couldn't make out what any were besides David's pentagram that was placed on her forehead.

"Ambrose, you do remember me threatening you with a punishment, correct?" Erebus snarled, venom dripping from her tongue as she took a threading step forward.

Ambrose gulped, looking around the room for a possible escape or weapon that would knock her out, eyes narrowing in on a large candle stick that had fallen to the ground a few feet away from where he stood.

"Need I repeat myself, Ambrose?" Erebus smiles sinisterly, two large vampire-like teeth now visible in her mouth that begged for blood.

Ambrose cowered and his words stumbled as he spoke, his hand reaching out in desperation for the candle stick, Erebus completely unaware. "Y-yes."

"And what do you think that punishment will be?" Erebus' black eyes stared through Ambrose's tainted soul, going through every memory - every fear and regret he had, playing them over and over again inside of his head.

Ambrose didn't reply, as he was in a daze, looking at what Erebus was showing him unwillingly. Erebus sighed, his facial expressions weren't enough pain manifested for her to be satisfied, though even Faustus would beg to differ. She wanted to hear his screams of agony, pleas of stop; she wanted to see him really suffer. With that being said, Erebus growled lowly and finally stopped the ugly memories from playing further, keeping quiet as she thought of possible punishment before his doom.

Ambrose noticed this once he had blinked away the memories and daze he was in, deciding to act quick. Squatting the slightest, Ambrose reached one last time for the candle stick, finally able to get his hand around it.

Erebus snapped from her thoughts whenever she figured out what was happening, roaring loudly at Ambrose's actions, going to attack. Her nails grew to claws and as she was going to wrap her right hand around his throat, she was hit upside the head by the candle stick he had gotten ahold of. Stumbling backwards, Erebus only growing angrier.

Ambrose after quickly once he noticed Erebus' posture go back to normal, shouting a sleeping spell that immediately sent her stumbling forward as her eyes forced themselves closed. Ambrose heaved a large sigh of relief, a small chuckle escaping his lips at the thought of finally beating Erebus - sort of.

"I came as soon as I heard-" Sabrina exclaimed in a rush, only to pause abruptly whenever she saw Erebus on the floor and Ambrose without a single scratch. "Oh."

"Yeah, you're late," Ambrose muttered tiredly, leaning against the very wall he was pinned to only moments before this. "I'm surprised she took to the sleeping spell. She...she turned into something far worse than a big ugly goat."

Sabrina nodded in understanding, fear evident in her eyes at the mention of Erebus transforming into something inhuman. "I think what we need to do now is clean up and find her a place to stay so she doesn't attack us as soon as she wakes."

"That'd be wise," Ambrose agreed with a small smile, getting up from where he leaned on the wall after a small moment of "rest."

"...so are you still, like, in love with her or something?" Sabrina asked awkwardly after a moment of looking around the ruined hall.

Ambrose shot the girl a glare, finally noticing the radio play the song "Devil Woman," having gotten turned on whenever Erebus knocked off the spell that was holding her in place. "Even more so now."

Sabrina stared wide eyed at her cousin for a small moment before slowly walking out of the hall, muttering "Crazy" as she did so.