Chapter 11: The breakdown

Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have. -Norman Vincent Peale

GISELLA

We arrived at the meeting room to see Signorina Jolanda looking furious, and also Brizo and a man wearing a grey suit sitting next to him. I was already sweating, and Leonora held my hand as she stood beside me.

"Yesterday, I trusted you two with the task, then what happened?"She yells at us angrily. "You even made him wait for long, and you questioned his private life." I turned in shock to look at Brizo, who was smirking evilly at me. Nora let go of my hand with her face breathing up with anger.

"Team leader, he's lying! It was I and Gisella that waited for him for more than one hour, and he also pus..." She halts as Brizo groan.

"I'm Fausto Rossi,  Brizo manager. How can this lady talk rubbish." The man known as the Brizo manager said. "You can't just slander Signore Brizo," he added.

Immediately, Brizo stands up angrily and faces me and Nora me. "I... can't believe the two of you saying bad things about my looks yesterday, even though I was still compensating for letting this matter slid through. But now I don't see a point in helping you two anymore." He spats.

Signorina Jolanda was just confused and didn't know what she'd do next. "Signore Brizo can we talk about this matter calmly, please..." she pleaded.

I frowned and clenched the hem of my dress and held her hand not to apologize. "Signore Brizo, Your acting skills are unique and extraordinary. Why not considering switching careers? maybe modeling by day and acting by night?" The words came out of my mouth the way Momma taught me. Talking about my mamma, I need to see her soon.

"Mia Cara Gisella, what nonsense are you talking about? Apologize Immediately!" Signorina Jolanda says.

I smiled slightly at her. "Why do I have to apologize to someone who is lying against us?" I turned to look at Nora. She nodded and opened her bag to bring out the evidence.

Nora smiled. "Team leader, here is the record about what had happened yesterday. You will know who is lying and who is telling the truth. Wait and listen to it." She said.  Nora is the opposite of me. She's feisty and sassy and hates unlawful acts. She doesn't allow bad things to happen to good people for some reason. For a few weeks, I've to get to know more about her kind of person.

She drops it on the table. "This is..." Brizo says, trying to take it.

I look at him, trying to take the recorder. "Even though you take it and destroy it, just to inform you that Leonora made another one to keep," I say.

He groans furiously at Nora and me. "You bitch..." he cussed and sat his ass back down. His Manager took the recorder and played it for everyone to hear. Brizo Violence was heard from the clerk. His manager felt embarrassed and got up from his side.

Signorina Jolanda felt weak after hearing it. "Em... Signore Brizo," she called in terror.

"Brizo?" his manager called, stunned by this and play it again to hear properly if his ears were accusing Brizo.

"I advise you not to write bad things about me. I'm dangerous, or else you want to die, you low-life middle-class people, you're still far from this Gisella, You hurt my girlfriend."

"This recording was tampered with. That's wasn't me." He stands and tries defending himself.

"Oh, Brizo, what should I say now? You've just embarrassed me." He said, feeling embarrassed.