Chapter 60 - Cruel Truth

Rin struggled as she tried to defend herself from Sir Hideo and Ma'am Michiko's attacks. I was about to reveal myself but I suddenly heard something.

'Stop,' Sir Hideo suddenly said. 'Don't reveal your position yet.'

How could he see me?

Sinunod ko na lang ang sinabi ni Sir at nagtago muna ako sa likod ng puno. Sinilip ko kung ano nang nangyayari ro'n at mukhang may pinag-uusapan silang tatlo. Kung kasama ko lang siguro si Akane ngayon ay malalaman ko kung ano ang sinasabi nila.

'10 o'clock, now.'

I flinched when I heard Sir Hideo's voice inside my head again. I carelly moved toward that direction and I saw them fighting again. This time, Rin was at a disadvantage because of her injuries. For a second, her pained expression bothered me but I suddenly remembered what she did to Darwin and Mama.

Napakunot naman ang noo ko nang makita kong unti-unting nagbubukas ang Black Dimesion sa bandang likuran ni Rin at hindi makagalaw si Sir Hideo.

I knew it. Her sixth sense was related to attraction and repulsion. He could push and pull people and things away from and toward her but it seemed like the cards had a different effect since she couldn't control them.

Bigla naman akong kinabahan nang ma-realize ko ang gustong gawin ni Rin. She wanted to attract Sir Hideo toward the Black Dimension and he would surely suffer because only Shinigamis could withstand staying in that dimension.

Agad-agad kong pinakawalan ang dalawang arrows papunta kay Rin para mawala siya sa focus at tumama 'yon sa kaliwang braso niya na nadaplisan ko kanina. Napatingin siya agad do'n at biglang nakagalaw si Sir Hideo.

Wait. Does that mean she could only attract and repel people and things she was looking at?

Napatingin naman siya sa direksyon ko pero mukhang hindi niya ako nakikita dahil masyado akong malayo sa kanila.

Hindi ko alam kung naririnig ako ni Sir Hideo pero sinubukan ko pa ring kausapin siya.

'Sorry, Sir, pero hindi ko na kayang magtago. I was always behind someone's back. I was always protected. And because of that, those people almost died. This time, I would be the one standing in front of them so I could protect them.'

Tumakbo ako papunta sa direksyon nila at sunud-sunod akong nagpaputok. Arrows consecutively got released and Sir Hideo and Ma'am Michiko continued attacking her which made her struggle. However, she saw me and she immediately used her sixth sense on me.

Gaya ng ginawa ni Mama ay hindi ko pinigilan ang sarili ko sa paglapit sa kanya. I used that pulling force to get near her as fast as I could while summoning my bows and arrows.

"Copying that useless woman's attack is futile!" sigaw niya sa akin.

"Don't insult my mother in front of me!" I screamed and I released three arrows toward her direction but she repelled them with ease.

"You're dead, kid," she said and I could feel the resentment in her eyes and voice.

She held one of my arrows and propelled it toward me but I adhered to my plan.

"She won't die," biglang sabi ni Sir Hideo na nasa bandang likuran na pala ni Rin nang hindi man lang namin namamalayan.

I suddenly saw him nod at me during that splitsecond and I realized he knew my plan all along. Nakita ko namang tumakbo si Ma'am Michiko papunta kina Mama, siguro ay para i-check at tulungan sila.

Rin smirked. "Then I'll show you her dead body, Hideo."

Bago ako tuluyang mapalapit kay Rin ay kumuha ulit ako ng dalawang arrows habang tinutok niya sa akin ang arrow na hawak niya. Three meters away from her, I released one of the arrows and she shifted her gaze onto that. During that splitsecond, I let go of my bow and held the remaining arrow.