This Thing Called Love

This thing called love,
I just can't handle it
This thing called love,
I must get round to it
I ain't ready
Crazy little thing called love
This Thing Called Love
It cries In a cradle all night
It swings, It jives
It shakes all over like a jellyfish
Crazy little thing called love

Queen's Crazy Little Thing Called Love is bursting out of the Bentley and Crowley has an iron grip in the wheel. His knuckles are white and if he cared enough to look at the speedometer he'd see he's, impossibly, pushing 120 on the speedway.

He doesn't know why he's angry, yes he does, it's him- the, the damn angel Aziraphale. In his stupid bookshop with his stupid suit and his stupid smile. He's so damn frustrated that all he can think about is that damned angel. And all Crowley wants to do is get home, he wonders if it's worth a Miracle and he decides it is after almost hitting a child.

Next thing he knows he's at home in the middle of his study, he realises he's hyperventilating, which is weird because he doesn't need to breathe. He calms his breath using a few of the exercises Pepper taught him on his most recent visit to The Them. -whom after meeting the duo, were very keen on seeing him and Aziraphale on weekends- after slowing his breathing till it's almost non existent he decides that after a rather stressful drive it was time to nap for a few days.

Aziraphale was sitting in the back room of his shop, in his favourite chair reading his signed copy of Atlas Shrugged, enjoying a mug of cocoa. He wasn't really paying attention to the book, or to anything until he heard the doorbell chime. He sighed and got up, he didn't open for three more hours.

Crowley woke up early for once and felt energised, which was weird because after sleeping for five days one usually felt groggy and sore. But he needed something to do, he felt like he could run a marathon. He decided that was a horrible idea and that he'd shower, then get something to eat instead.  After his shower, he got dressed and headed to a nice little cafe near a certain Angel's book store.

He got out of the Bentley and slammed the door shut with his hip, his hands were full because of a brown paper bag of pastries and a cup of coffee. -which wasn't entirely unusual, he wasn't fond of food but, Go-- Sa-- Somebody, did he love coffee- He gestured vaguely and the door opened, he sauntered in with a smile, and the door shut behind him. Once he Stepped inside his smile fell, he looked completely annoyed when the bell loudly announced his presence, He glared at it and the bell ceased its noise, it decided to never ring for him again.

When Aziraphale came out if the back room saying 'I'm sorry, were closed' but stopped when he saw the demon. He smiled softly and walked towards Crowley 'oh. hello dear, I wasn't expecting you this early' grabbing the bag he gestured towards the door he had just come from,

'Well you know what they say "the early bird gets the worm"'
'Yes, but last time I checked you love sleep'
'It gets boring after a while, sometimes it's nice to be awake' Aziraphale hummed, maybe I should try sleeping, he thought to himself. He made a mental note to buy a bed.

'So.' He started 'what brings you here at 8 in the morning? Not that I don't love your company, it's just you usually visit at night'   Crowley shrugged. 'Adam phoned me yesterday, said we should come over. seeing as The Them have the week off from school' Aziraphale wiped his mouth with a napkin, 'is it spring already?' Crowley brought the cup to his lips nodding. 'Time does fly when  you spend your days reading, angel.'

Aziraphale rolled his eyes and continued eating. 'He said that the bookish boy misses you-'
-Wenslydale?'
'Yes, him. Pepper wants to show me 'meditation'  I think Brian got new foam swords and dog learned new tricks'

'So whenever you're done we can leave' Aziraphale moved to get up before picking up on a strange feeling. He'd just felt a very strong burst of love, and he had no idea who it was from, brushing it off he got up and got his coat from the rack and headed for the door, Crowley a few steps behind him. As he's locking up he hears Crowley call for him from the Bentley. Getting in the car Aziraphale shuts his door and makes Crowley put on a seatbelt. Before Crowley pulls away he sniffed the air and turned to Aziraphale 'did you get a new cologne?'