Wattpad Original

Original Edition: Chapter Thirty-Three

Pre-Order Until We Break as a print book now wherever books are sold through this link https://w.tt/3SVfd5k 

IF THE GUISE HAD TAUGHT NAOMI MORGAN ANYTHING, IT WAS THAT RETRIBUTION WAS MOST RIGHTEOUS WHEN DELIVERED FROM THE DARK

IF THE GUISE HAD TAUGHT NAOMI MORGAN ANYTHING, IT WAS THAT RETRIBUTION WAS MOST RIGHTEOUS WHEN DELIVERED FROM THE DARK. She prayed they were right. Because that was where Naomi was right now, in the dark, ready to deliver something that resembled a righteous retribution with a baseball bat and a firmly clenched jaw.

The past two days, as The Guise and Tio sat up all day and all night to plan their grand escape from Riverside, all Naomi could really think about was retribution. It was haunting and persistent in her head just like every other idea before it. In a way, it had already been decided. Naomi Morgan could not just leave Riverside behind without rightfully serving back a little of the pain that this place had dealt her so harshly. So she bargained.

Naomi's foolproof plan to get out of Riverside came with conditions. Before they would all leave Riverside for good, they needed to help her do three personal runs, one last time. After that, the plan would be set in motion and they could all leave. There wasn't much back and forth once Saint had agreed, even from Cairo. It seemed fair. Her plan, she gets to decide how everything goes down. Everyone fell in line quickly and it was suddenly decided. The Guise would do Naomi's three final runs before leaving Riverside for good.

This first one in particular found Naomi, Chyna and Saint sitting behind a bush outside a Riverside townhouse in the dead of night, defensively gripping baseball bats, animal masks on. They were waiting in complete silence for about thirty minutes before the Fox sighed.

"Are you sure this is the right place?" she asked annoyingly.

"This is the place Cairo gave us," the Lioness answered. "The address matches."

"Okay, but what if they moved, or something. We've been here for almost an hour."

"They didn't move," Naomi said softly, noting the familiar car parked by the sidewalk.

The Tiger put a hand on The Lioness' shoulder now, his eyebrows furrowed inward with deep concern. "Naomi, if we get caught out here—"

"We won't," she insisted. "Have a little faith." The two other animals held each other's wary looks, before retreating. They withheld any further questions as the Lioness waited for her prey, her mouth salivating.

As it turns out, a little faith stretched a long way because the trio were there for another twenty-six minutes before a car slowed near them. It sailed smoothly past the car on the sidewalk before turning up the driveway. Then, it came to a dead stop. All its lights went out. The Lioness' clenched the grip of her bat.

The Tiger began to whisper slowly, "Alright, let's make sure to be quiet and—"

But driver's door suddenly came open and the Lioness stood up on cue. In an instant, she was stepping out onto the paved driveway and had already made it too far for him to call her back. The Tiger cursed under his breath. A few quick, silent steps led her behind the man exiting the vehicle now. Silently she bided her time. He was on his phone, too preoccupied to notice the silhouette lurking right behind him.