One Brother Bled, The Other Brother You Should Dread

"Please," I beg taking a step back.

"I don't know why you're doing this," I quiver, taking another step back.

He grins. It's not right. It's not how a grin should be. It's like my heart just stops.

"Help!" I scream pushing myself around him and running for the door.

He grabs me by the hair and slams me to the floor. The pain shooting up my rib cage intensifies.

Holding my right side, I stand up. Any chance to get out of here and save myself — I need to take it.

"Don't," he warns when he sees me eyeing the door again. "Or it'll hurt a lot more than that."

No one hears my cry for help. Not the first time and the other times after that. It's like it's a ghost town in this hospital.

"Please," I say holding my hand out in front of me to protect myself.

"Sky!" A voice says shaking me.

I'm rattling and shaking uncontrollably, my hands pushing at the person in front of me in self defence.

"Sky," the voice says more calmly this time as they hold my wrists.

I blink. It's Rocky. I take a deep breath.

My shaking slowly comes to a stop, and beside me, Rocky takes deep breaths with me. This is exactly what I hoped he wouldn't witness. This was exactly why I needed to get out of here.

Rocky watches me. He says absolutely nothing and other than the breathing, I would've thought he was a statue.

When I finally stop enough where I'm no longer shaking, rattling or shivering, Rocky lets go of my wrists. His scared look turns to one of concern as he frowns at me. "You okay?"

I nod.

I don't know how I'll explain this to him. How could I tell him what I did? He would never look at me on the same way. He would be disgusted.

"I know you get nightmares," he tells me. "You've been having them every time you sleep."

His hand gives my hand a squeeze. "What Paul did," he says, his voice finally cracking. "I'm so sorry that you experienced that, but I promise you, it'll never happen again."

I watch a tear slip down his eye. I try to reach out to wipe it away but I'm in pain. My hand only goes so far before I drop it back on the bed.

It dawns on me that he thinks the nightmares are because of Paul. It surprises me that they're not. What I experienced was pretty bad. What's scarier though — is that these memories are from my attack when I was eighteen.

He blinks and then watches me intently. "What was the doctor saying?"

I watch him. "What doctor?"

"From last night," He says. He's no longer in pain. He has a look of questioning. Rocky's face says it all. He heard part of the conversation.

"Nothing," I whisper.

"So why can't you look me in the face and tell me that?" Rocky asks. "Why does your voice go all quiet when you lie?"

My eyes immediately dart to his. "I'm not lying."

"And yet you still are," he says as a matter of fact. "What happened to never lying to one another again?"

I take a big gulp of air. I wouldn't know where to start. Rocky would hate me, he'd never look at me the same way.

So I decide to tell him part of the truth.