Chapter 2

I couldn't believe my eyes. Metropolis Science High School was more magnificent and majestic than I ever imagined. I could see the awe in the face of every freshman walking towards that palace of a school.

I could see white, silver, and gold everywhere; from the outside walls, to the glorious floral landscape in the front.

In the middle of the outside grounds, a huge fountain with what seemed like sparkling water coming out of it stood in all its glory.

There was a statue in the middle of the fountain basin. It was a statue of a young man wearing a long robe that seemed to flow with the water. His hands were positioned in such a way that it looked like he was motioning the water in a circling direction. Could he be a water elemental, too?

In front of the fountain, there was a golden plaque on pillar-like stand. Written on the plaque was:

"The moon is my mentor; the water is my saviour."

Still a coincidence? I'm starting to think not.

A long escalator led up to the giant wooden doors of the school. I hopped on, and enjoyed the 30-second ride.

As I stepped on the corridor, my eyes widened. Everything was so high-tech! The floors lit up to every footstep. The walls were touch screen embedded.  The sight was overwhelming! I though all this high-tech machinery was only for royalty, but look at me now, enveloped by the gadgetry!

This was too much to take in, so I headed to homeroom to get to my first class. When I arrived, I saw Minerva already sitting i the front row. We greeted each other, talked a little, and exchanged memories. She was still the geeky athlete I always knew. In a whispering manner, she says

"So Agenos, Tell me more about the water control... Doing well so far, I assume?"

"Yeah, been learning and discovering a lot. And uhh, been cloud surfing lately!" I said.

"Cloud surfing??! What the hell is that??!" said Minerva.

"It's this new technique I learned to do last summer. I cloud surfed to school today." I said.

"Oh ok...." said Minerva.

Thinking of something else to talk about, I remember Minerva telling me earlier about Karate Camp.

"So Minerva, about Karate Camp---"

"Oh yeah, about that; it was the most boring karate camp I've ever had. I mean, seriously, sometimes I'd rather stay home and lie around all day..." said Minerva.

"But did you---"

"Oh but I did learn a couple moves. My favorite was..."

I guess Minerva had a lot to say about Karate Camp. As her voice and my mind trail off, something beautiful at the classroom entrance caught my eye.