Chapter 7

I don't know what to feel. I don't know if I should be happy, or sad, or terrified, or panicked; I just don't know.

I have to master my element in the span of just two months. Two months. It fels like the battle is only days away...

Minerva seems to feel the same way. She's still in her denial state, I can tell. As for me, I had to accept my destiny.

I review the details of the battle in my head. Next next month, Sicresia Island. Even though I know I'll lose, I still need to master my element. Anyway, I'm not planning to back down from the fight; who knows how much more I could do when I've mastered it?

I don't need the ultimate energy force to be a good elemental... Or do I... Well, staying positive doesn't erase the fact that I still have to fight for it.

"Let's just forget about it for now. It's my fight." I said.

"I just don't want you to get hurt. I've always loved you like a brother; your pain is my pain." said Minerva, biting her lip. Why?

"Minerva, can you promise me something?" I said.

"Yeah, what is it? said Minerva.

"Promise me, that you'll be there when I fight at Sicresia Island..." I said.

"Of course I will. I'd be stupid if I wouldn't." said Minerva.

"And one more thing," I said, looking straight in her eyes, "Promise me, that no matter what happens, we'll still and always be friends."

"Again, of course I will. We've been friends even before you realized your power. Nothing will ever change that." said Minerva.

"Thanks Minerva, for always being here for me." I said.

"No probs."

I scan through the next pages of the book and something peculiar catches my eye.

"THE BASIC SKILLS OF ELEMENTAL WATER"  I quote from the title.

"What? The basic skills?" said Minerva.

I flip it to the next page and I see images of men performing diferent moves with the water.

"Minerva! This is it! This is what grandpa meant when he wrote 'this book will help him prepare for the 120-year battle' !" I said.

"What do you mean? What are those images for anyway?" said Minerva.

"They're elemental techniques and instructions! These are what I need to master!" I said.

"Oh My God, Agenos! All this time, we've been holding what you need to win the battle!" said Minerva.

I study the forms below as I try to imitate them as well. A form catches my attention and I read it aloud:

"THE WATER SPHERE:

1. Motion the water into both hands, holding it.

2. Spin the water like a wheel with great speed.

3. Release and strike at opponent"

"Woah, I've never tried this before. I think I'll practice this downstairs downstairs..." I said.

"Can I scan the book for a while?" said Minerva

"Yeah, sure." I said.

Minerva and I go downstairs and I fetch a basin of water from the kitchen. I make a bare space in the living room and I shutter-close all the curtains and windows. I place the basin in front of me.

"Minerva, read the instructions, will you," I said.

"Yeah, sure. Number 1. Motion the water into both hands, holding it."

I do what she says and I pull a slash of water from the basin, fully concentrated.

"Number 2. Spin the water like a wheel with great speed."

I move my hands in a circling movement with the water in sync, the sphere sideways, facing forward.

" Number 3. Release and strike at opponent."

I release the sphere and strike it forwards like a whip.

The door opens.

Oh no.

It's mom.