Chapter 3

She took my breath away. Her hair was of different shades of brown and red. Her lips were as red as the Lunar Eclipse. Her eyes were a sparkling hazel. She was gorgeous.

I guess Minerva saw my mouth drop to the floor.

"Hey Agenos? Agenos??? Uh, hello???" said Minerva.

"Uhh what?" I said, clueless to anything she said.

"What the heck are you staring at?" said Minerva.

"Wha-what are you talking about? I wasn't staring at anyone-- oh, I mean-- anything..." I said.

Oh My God.

"Hey... you like her, don't you?" said Minerva, with an evil smirk on her face. Damn it.

"No I dont; what makes you say that?" I said. Even I can tell I'm lying.

"Oh just admit it, you do like her!" said Minerva.

"OK FINE, I do like her. But why are you so concerned?" I said.

"Nothing really... I just... uhh... don't think she's the one for you. She's probably one of those sissy types..." said Minerva.

"Oh, really..." I said.

"Yes, really. And anyway, I just want to make sure she's safe. A lot of risks come with those powers of yours." said Minerva.

"Ok, whatever you say..." I said with a laughing smile.

"Ugghh!" said Minerva, with the same smile.

No matter what we do, everything would always turn out right.

---------------o----------------

Classes were'nt so bad. Well, except the part when every subject had a long assignment due TOMORROW. Wow. This really isn't just any ordinary high school.

Just when I was about to approach the beauty I saw at the threshold, the bell rang which signalled the start of classes. Bummer.

The homeroom adviser was alright. She was in her middle thirties (I assumed). She looked rather young to be a thirty-ish. She had light brown hair and blue eyes.

For the first time in my life, the first day of classes seemed so quiet. No one spoke anything unless they were told to do so. Fearing that I'd be so out of place, I just went with the flow.

I haven't asked the beauty what her name was yet. She seemed like the quiet type; I haven't heard her speak so far. But I know I will. I'll have to.

It's still 12:15 on the cafeteria clock, 15 minutes after the start of lunch. Classes don't start again until two. Now's the perfect time to talk to the beauty.

She's sitting in the table nearest to the food display. With that face of hers, I thought she was one of the populars. But she's sitting alone, looking like she was about to cry. My heart immediately sank, even though I didn't know why she looked so heartbroken.

As I approached her, my mark suddenly glows a blinking faint blue, and my whole body suddenly felt freezingly burning. I've never felt like this before. Does this have something to do with her? No, it can't be. But, why is this happening to me?