Chapter 3

Haley's POV

The late bell rings for my second period class, but I don't care to rush. I don't want to take Social Development anyways. I start to clean my wound and the mess the blood made.

SIX FUCKING MONTHS. Why did I cut again?

Staring in the mirror, I want to know how my life got to this. No friends, no family. Nothing. Just the emptiness and loneliness that follows me everywhere. There's nothing I can do about it. I want friends. I want people to care about me. I want to feel as if I belong somewhere. I want to feel alive instead of feeling dead again! But if I let people get too close, he will make them disappear. If I find happiness, he will take it away. He promised that. He's already caused me enough pain. I am nothing left but a shell of the person I once was. Because of him, I can't handle most physical touch without going into a panic attack. Looking back in the mirror, I wash my face hoping to hide the fact that I had been crying, but my eyes are still red and slightly puffy. At least I didn't wear make-up today. That would have been a bigger pain to fix. I collect my stuff and head to my second period class.

Entering my second period class, I can see the teacher has already started the lesson.

"You must be Haley. Why are you late to class?" says Mrs. Green, the teacher.

"Umm, I got lost." Was all I could manage to say. What was I supposed to tell her?! Oh, I was in the girl's bathroom with a blade cutting myself, because I am an extremely disturbed 17-year-old girl. The thought made me laugh out loud, but I quickly stopped when I noticed that several students were eyeing me.

"Your seat is with the boys over there." Mrs. Green said pointing towards Blayne and his friends.

Why couldn't I get put in a different group?

I make my way over towards the table to take my seat. This time I am sitting with Blayne on my left and Kyle is across from me.

"It sure did take you a while to make it to class," Dylan says. "What or should I say who were you doing?" While wiggling his eyebrows up and down at me.

I glared at him. Before I can say anything, Kyle smacks him on the back of his head. "Dylan, Shut the fuck up, and leave her alone." He then looks at me and with an apologetic smile. "Sorry about him. He doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Are you okay?

"I'm fine" I politely answer him

For being a bad boy, Kyle actually seems pretty nice. I don't get why everyone is afraid of these guys. They seem like regular teenage boys to me. Then again, I don't have the best judgment when it comes to people. After what HE did to me, the only thing that scares me is Him finding me and the nightmares and memories that He left me with. No one needs to know about Him or what He did to me. I will go to my grave with those secrets. Kyle was about to say something else, but the teacher started explaining the assignment.

"Class the next assignment will be considered as your final exam for the end of the year. You will have eight months to complete it." Half of the class groans, but Mrs. Green continues. "You and the people at your tables will be doing a group report on each other. You will need to write how each person at your table is unique and special. Tell us what makes them who they are. Tell us if your opinion of them has changed from the start of this project or if it is the same eight months from now. You are being given eight months for this project. You will have plenty of time to get to know each person in your group. We will not be working on this assignment in class. You will need to get to know each other's outside of the classroom and school. You never know what you might learn from someone else."

Fuck No one needs to know me.

Blayne's POV