Chapter 19

Brandon's POV (Jace's Brother)

Jace would kill me if ever found out what I did, but I have no choice. I have to protect my family and that includes him. It's for his own good. I pick up my phone and dial the number.

"Hello?" The person says on the other end of the line.

"I did it. My brother is out of the picture for a while." I say.

"Good! Make sure it stays that way, or I can't guarantee his or your family's safety."

"You promise you aren't going to hurt her either, right?"

"She is none of your concern, but no, I do not plan on hurting her. She needs to come home to her family."

"She said her family died."

"She has a new family." He growls through the phone then he hung up.

I have a really bad feeling about this. He said she needs to go home to her family, but Jace said her family all died in a car accident. Is she lying to Jace? Haley did always give me a weird vibe, but Jace always had a thing for her.

My phone rings and I pick it up without even looking. "Hello?"

"Hey Brandon."

"Jace? What's up? Are you on your way?"

"Yeah, why do you need me again? I hate leaving Kadance behind."

"Kadance?" Who is Kadance?" I question.

"Shit." I heard him mumble. "I mean Haley."

"Okay, well it's a long story, but I need you here. I will tell you once you get here." Hopefully that will give me enough time to make up a reason for needing him here.

"Fine, but it better be good. I hate leaving the girl I love when she needs me."

"Love?" I question. Who does he love? Haley? Or does he love this Kadance girl that he mention?

"Ehh...umm... you know I love Haley like a little sister. Anyways I will see you in a few hours."

"Okay, Jace, Bye."

I'm beyond confused now. My brother is in love? Who is Kadance? Haley has a family?

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know this is a short chapter. Sorry about that. I may update again later today or tomorrow to make up for the short chapter. Please don't forget to comment and vote if like my story. Thanks! KJ <3