THIRTY ONE

"Maybe he just drives his car on the other side of the road

"Maybe he just drives his car on the other side of the road. If you know what I mean."

----------

"Okay." Chandler walked in and slammed the door behind him. "What is it about me? Do I not look fun enough? is there something...repellent about me?" He asked us.

"So how was the party?" Ross spoke up.

"It couldn't have been worse. A woman literally passed through me." He pointed at himself, making us laugh a little. "So? What is it? Am I hideously unattractive?" 

"No, you are very attractive." Phoebe reassured him. "You know, I got through the exact same thing. Every time I put on a little weight, I start questioning everything." She explained.

"Woah, woah. I've...I've put on a little weight?" He looked down at her. The rest of us tried to make ourselves look busy.

"Anyone in the mood for some mac and cheese?" Monica and Rachel followed me to the kitchen while Joey and Ross looked for drinks in the refrigerator.

"Chandler? I'm unemployed and in dire need of a project. You want to workout? I can remake you." Monica suggested. 

"Oh, you know I would, but that might get in the way of my lying around time." He replied, but I didn't know if it was sarcastic or not.

"Please?" Monica begged him. We backed her up as well, trying to persuade him.

"Alright, okay, alright. But if we put on spandex and my boobs are bigger than yours, I'm going home." Chandler finally gave in.

"Your boobs are fine. Look, I never should have said anything." Phoebe stood up. "Come here, come here." She called him over for a hug. "Oh...can't...make...hands...meet." She pretended to struggle to wrap her arms around him. For the next couple of days, Monica worked Chandler every single minute to the point where he couldn't even lift a mug without crying out in pain.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow." Chandler brought the cup of coffee to his lips and took a sip. "Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow." Joey helped out took the mug from him. "She's insane. The woman is insane." He nodded his head. "It's before work. It's after work. It's during work. She's got me doing butt clenches at my desk. And now, they won't bring me my mail." He explained.

"Pheebs, how did it go with Scott last night?" We heard Rachel ask our friend. We turned around to see her walk in.

"It was nice. I took him to a romantic restaurant. Ordered champagne." Phoebe put down her coat and took off her jacket.

"The guy still won't pull out, huh?" I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned against Joey.

"Nope, zilch, nothing, huh–uh." She blurted out in one breath. "I don't mind taking it slow. I like him a lot. He's really interesting and really sweet." She replied genuinely. "Why won't he give it up?" She muttered angrily.