THIRTY NINE

"Inside good

"Inside good. Outside bad."

----------

"I can't believe two cows made the ultimate sacrifice so you guys could watch TV with you feet up." Phoebe crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head.

"They were chair–shaped cows. They never would have survived in the wild." Chandler replied, not taking his eyes off of the TV.

"This screen is amazing. Dick Van Dyke is practically life–size." Ross stood right next to the TV. Suddenly, Rose Marie came onto the screen, making us all gasp.

"She really belongs on a smaller screen, doesn't she?" Monica shuddered.

"Hi, you guys." Rachel walked into the apartment. "Hey, you." She smiled at her boyfriend.

"Hey, you." Ross replied, and they started kissing right in front of the screen.

"Woah, hey." Joey and Chandler motioned for them to move out of the way. Monica sat on the couch to the right, and Phoebe sat in the arm chair on the left. Ross and Rachel went over to the kitchen for some privacy. Joey pulled me into his lap.

"And when are we going to tell them about us?" Joey whispered into my ear. "Ross and Rachel go out for a couple of days, and everyone knows about them." He rubbed my leg.

"But they kissed in front of us. Besides, don't you like having a secret just to ourselves?" I ran my hands up and down his arm.

"Yeah, I do." He chuckled. We watched Ross leave the apartment. Monica grabbed my arm, and she, Phoebe, and I led Rachel to the kitchen.

"Tonight? What's tonight?" Monica asked her.

"It's our first official date." Rachel squealed. "Our first date."

"Uh, hello?" Monica leaned against the counter. "Tonight? You're supposed to waitress for me? My catering job?" She reminded Rachel. "Any of those words triggering anything for you?"

"Oh, God. Oh, God, Monica. I forgot." Rachel buried her face into her hands. "Come on, this our first date." She exclaimed.

"But my mom got me this job." Monica whined.

"I can be a waitress. I can be a waitress!" Phoebe yelled.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Rachel was really grateful at this point. "See? Phoebe? Phoebe?" Rachel reached over and hugged her.

"Really, Pheebs? Because, you know, you'd have to be an actual waitress." Monica put a hand on her hip. "This can't be like you 'I can be a bear cub' thing."

"I can be a waitress." Phoebe stuck her tongue out at Monica. "Okay, watch this." She stood up from the chair. "Give me two number ones, 86 the bacon, one Adam and Eve on a rack and wreck 'em." Phoebe started to sing. Around noon, Joey came over to have lunch with me.