Five.

"You are getting better!" Lagertha called out to me as I tried to brush the hair out of my eyes; it had grown several inches since I began my new life here. I needed to concentrate. She lunged for me again and I jumped out of the way, her sword only slightly catching my shoulder leaving a sharp stinging pain I had learned to ignore. Before I could blink she swung for me again and as I sucked under the blade that came whirling towards my face I stumbled and fell, my axe clattering to the dirt below me. After a quick pause I rolled, going to reach for my axe but a blade blocked my way, centimeters away from my face. I let out a cool shaky breath.

"... hesitate!" She shouted, clearly annoyed by my slight delay in regaining my weapon. I looked at her puzzled not understanding all the words she had said. She sighed.

"Do not hesitate. You hesitate, you die."

Grateful for the change of phrasing and now for the hand she outstretched to me, I smiled and linked my arm in hers simultaneously snatching up my weapon so it rose with me. On my feet now, I could see the small crowd that had gathered to watch their earl and greatest warrior fight a mere child. Murmurs rose from the group, there were still those who would have preferred it if Lagertha had killed me and I knew this. I looked down at my feet again not wishing to make eye contact with any of those who have felt my presence here was wrong from day one.

I wished we would train somewhere more private next time. The cursed stares stung more than the small scratch on my shoulder at which small amount of blood began to bead. The floor was dirt, soft but not wet; it was getting into summer. To the left about 30 meters away a few stalls bustled with life. There people sold all manner of goods though not always to me. There were buildings on both sides of me. They looked simple. They must be residential.

Children around my age passed by knocking into me and laughing speaking quickly and complexly knowing I'd have difficulty understanding them but I didn't have to know the words to know they were insulting me. I bared my teeth in anger and as I felt one more object collide with the center of my back I spun, bringing my axe up, ready to challenge whoever thought they could touch me.

Bjorn leaned back startled by my hostility. Calmly, he rested his hand on the top of my axe and pushed it back down to my side, smirking as he did so. As he moved, my eyes scanned his face and suddenly I realised he was really here.

"BJORN!" I cried leaping into him, letting my axe clatter to the ground as I clambered onto him like a tree and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his chest vibrate as he let out a low chuckle. I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck and I felt him smile as he did the same to me. I squeezed him as hard as I could and I expected him to do the same back but instead he winced. Pulling away to study him, I allowed myself to drop gracefully to the floor. Slowly and painfully he raised his hand to my face brushing over the kohl that stained my eyes as they still scanned his body. They fell onto his chest and saw blood beginning to colour the pale fabric.

"Viking ... you." Bjorn said forcing a smile now, letting his hand drop from my face. Lagertha gave him a she-wont-understand-that look which I was grateful for as my face couldn't currently express any feeling other than worry as the patch of blood on Bjorn's shirt continued to grow.

"Viking looks good on you." He repeated. I would have smiled.

He followed my gaze and looked down at himself groaning.

"An old wound." Bjorn dismissed.

"Doesn't look that old to me." I retorted.

"Bjorn would you like to ... how you got that wound." Lagertha interjected.

"Bear." He stated. I sighed.

"Well are you going to let Gwenllian take care of it?" Lagertha said sternly in a way only a mother could. My ears pricked up at the sound of my name.

Bjorn grunted and began to walk towards the main building, where I lived now with Lagertha. Scurrying after him, I smiled. It was good to have him back.