Always

An overwhelming feeling of pain and anger rushed through Jon's veins. He couldn't believe she was gone, nothing felt real. Drogon landed next to him screeching, snapping Jon out of his thoughts.

Drogon stepped through the now dying fire looking around for a body. After a while, Drogon picked up a woman from the smoke and ashes and brought her out into to the open. Drogon laid her down right next to Jon and shielded them with his enormous wings. Jon knelt down, holding Daenerys in his arms hoping she would wake up, tears running down his face. He put his head to hers never wanting to let go.

What felt like an eternity of sitting there with his love in his arms...she suddenly moves a little. Jon lifts his head up looking at her with wide eyes. Dany opens her eyes slowly, blinking over and over. She then makes out what's going on around her realizing what had happened. Jon couldn't believe it, she's alive and that's all he cared about. He hugged her tightly as if it was the last time he'd ever hug her. He put a hand to her cheek, slowly caressing it.

"I thought I lost you Dany."
"I told you I'd always come back to you."
Jon smiled and gave her a lingering kiss, he then looked down at her stomach remembering she was pregnant. His mood suddenly changed a bit. Dany realized it too and tears started to run down her face. Jon looked at her straight in the eyes, "We don't know for sure, once we get back to the city we'll check with the Maester."
Dany nodded but still couldn't help but feel a void.

Jon picked her up and put her on Drogon, and Rhaegal joined them. Jon first made sure she'd be okay riding Drogon and then got on Rhaegal. The war was already over and everyone knew to return themselves. The two of the disappeared into the sky together and flew back to King's Landing.