.thirteen

"So is he gonna be okay? What do I need to do?"

Mason worriedly sat at the end of the bed, leaning over so much that it was a wonder that he didn't fall on his face. He stared at the woman who currently had her hand against Cyan's forehead with a frown on her face.

"And you said he's an addict?"

"I mean, yeah. From what I see, he is. He mentioned that he was going through withdrawal and I don't know what to do. Do I give him a Tylenol or Aspirin?"

The woman gave Mason a distasteful look, standing up and giving a sigh. She hadn't been happy when Mason had called her, taking her sweet time to arrive. Apparently she was busy but how could she say no to Mason?

He was her little brother.

"Ashley?"

"You're such a nutwad sometimes Mason. You can't just take an addict and force them to go cold turkey like this. That's why there are rehab facilities. Depending on what he's on, doing this-" she waved her hand towards Cyan exasperated. "-can make him sick. It could kill him and I don't care how much of a 'witness' he is, this is still a person. A kid no less."

"That's why I called you. What do I do?"

She shrugged softly, crossing her arms. "My main advice would be to take him to a rehab center and check him in immediately. But then it might get back to your department and possibly to Elliot?" Ashley almost laughed at the scowl that Mason gave her before going on. "Or, and this is possibly dangerous too, but maybe slowly wean him off of it. Still, if your caught getting drugs -"

"You're insane for even thinking that! I'll lose my job! I'll lose everything and I'll be the one in a jail cell!"

Ashley rolled her eyes slightly and kneeled back down to Cyan, eyeing the handcuffs around his wrist and the dried blood that stuck on his skin. Gently, she grabbed his wrist, trying to examine where the source had been from only for it to be snatched away from her, a low groan coming from Cyan's mouth.

"Don't touch me," he uttered, opening his eyes slightly to look up at her, pain pulsing in his head and nausea gathering in the pit of his stomach. He wanted to puke and scream and run and sleep all at the same time but his body felt drained. Although, his insides felt as if they were on fire. He was swaying badly and the trembling in his fingers was noticed not only by Cyan but by Ashley.

"I'm here to help you sweetheart."

"I don't need your fucking help."

Cyan rolled over to his side, pushing himself up with both hands and held himself the best he could with the handcuffs on.

Mason chewed on the inside of his cheek, standing up and tapping his sister's shoulder. "We need to talk. Follow me," he said, not leaving too far but only outside of the door. If Cyan tried any of this shit he did before, Mason wanted to be close by.

Stepping in the hall and shutting the door, he opened his mouth to speak only to get backhanded by the woman.

"What the fuck!?"

"Mason, do something. I don't care what because if he's as bad as he looks like he is, you won't have a witness for long. Now, I can probably get you a prescription for methadone and it'll ease the withdrawal symptoms but I'm risking my job for you. That means, you better have some miracle plan to get him to go against Elliot. I want the bastard locked up as much as you do, we both know what he's done. Ever since-"

"I know Ashley and I won't rest until he is. Trust me."

With a slight nod of the head, she glanced back at the door of the room with a sigh. "It might be a while before either get the medication so you have to do anything in your power to help him. It's not his fault what Elliot did, he probably doesn't even know."