Hide and Seek New Friends in Closets

Eight runs looking behind him every few seconds, his curly hair flopping around as his green eyes are wide with exhilaration from the game.

Nine's it right now and is actually pretty good at the game which pleases him and doesn't please Six in other words which pleases Nine even more.

Eight stops in the middle of a room with what looks like a closet on one side and a table in the middle and a tower of toys on the other side. He looks around and faintly hears, "I'M COMING" from Nine. Eight spots the closet and runs over pushing it open and screams along with another person.

He looks down and sees the person is a girl garde that must have been hiding in the closet.

She looks up at him scared. Her big brown eyes watching wearily. Her long hair is braided down her back and she sits with her knees to her chest and arms wrapped around them.

He starts to laugh. "What are you doing in-" The closet he wants to say but then he realizes she has been crying when he looks closer and sees red rimmed eyes and faint tear tracks on her rosy cheeks.

"Are you okay?" She doesn't answer but looks at the ground and rests her head on her knees breathing  shakily. He sits next to her and copied her position. He looks to his left at her and she looks up at him as if wondering why he won't let her be. Instead of asking right away, he leans over making her help in surprise and lean back wondering what he's trying to pull. She relaxes when he puts his arms around her and gives her a nice warm hug, just like the ones her granny gave her. He pulls away and looks at her and asks, "Why are you crying?"

She looks at him questioning if she can trust him but then breathes out.
"I miss my gramma and grampa but Adel says I can never see them again." She says tears running down her face. She doesn't wipe them away not caring but Eight apparently does and reaches out and brushes her tears away. She looks at him shocked he just did that and he stares back.
"I miss mine too," Eight eventually says not breaking eye contact and trying to calm her down. "But Rey says they would want me to smile and be happy. So would yours," he tells her. She thinks for a moment and then smiles shakily. It isn't the best one and breaks away seconds later but Eight smiles like it it'a the best thing ever and jumps up.

"I'm Eight," he says reaching his hand out to her. She looks at then takes it and he pulls her up.

"I'm Seven," she replies a small smile on her face. Eight looks in the direction he came and points there.
"I was just playing hide and seek with Nine, Six, Kat, Rey, and Sandor. Do you want to play with us?"

She nods and he grins. Still holding her hand he pulls her over there. "C'mon!" He says laughing.

They run over hand in hand laughing.