If you cant beat 'em bribe 'em

(Btw: Five is a girl)
It started when Seven was playing cars with Six. They were good friends and were trying to crash the cars into each other and see whose car fell over first. Seven pulled back her car far and counted with Six as she did the same.

"One... two... three!" They both let go and the cars race forward and hit each other but neither car falls over. "Aww!" They look up and Five ,the ref, scrunches her eyebrows together as she determines the winner.

(sevens POV for rest of chapter)

"Umm...tie?" She says unsure. Six and I groan. Five shrinks back knowing what was about to happen, that we would try to sway her one way or another.

Six cracked her knuckles and said with a scary face "Five, say my car won or I'll clobber you!"

"What?!" I said with a scowl. "Six I thought we agreed we wouldn't bribe her anymore!"

Six shrugs looking somewhat sorry before looking at Five again.

"Fine, if you wanna play it that way. Five if you say my car won I will give you my desserts and free hugs for a week," I tell her leaning forward. Six looks at me indignant crossing her arms since she knows no garde says no to extra desserts. And sure enough, "Seven won! Sorry Six, you'd do the same" Five shouts.

Six thinks for a moment then shrugs. "Yeah, I would. Well played, Seven." We shake hands.

"Wanna play again?" Five asks. Six and I nod yes and pull our cars back.
"One... two... thr-"

"Hey girls," Rey says.

Six and I jump not knowing he was there and fall on our butts.

Our cars race away from each other. Mine hits One who glares at us and Six's hits Four who looks up surprised.

"Sorry!" Six and I yell.

Five looks over startled at Rey. "Hi."
He smiles "Hello." He turns to me. "Can I talk to you Seven?"
I'm scared all of a sudden.
"Can we play without you until you come back?" Five asks. I nod my consent standing up.

I fiddle with my fingers as I walk along with him to an empty spot in the room. Adel nods at Rey. "Did I do something wrong?" I ask looking at Rey.

He chuckles "No, I just wanted to talk to you about Eight." I brighten up at the thought of my best friend on the ship. I hadn't seen him all day today though and was a bit worried about him.

"Is he okay? Where is he?" I ask.

"That's what I want to talk to you about. He hasn't come out all day and won't talk to anyone. Since you guys are best friends I asked Adel if it would be okay for you to go and try to make him feel better and come out."

"Oh. Sure where is he? Wait..." I lean back and scrunch my nose. "Is he in the boys' room!?"

Rey laughs at my clear disgust.

"Yeah, he is."

"Is it dirty in there?" I ask still scrunching my nose.

He smiles "Let's just say it isn't as clean as your room." I shudder thinking of the worst possible mess I would have to go in
...................................................

It isn't as bad as I thought. Wait, scratch that. It is pretty bad. There are clothes everywhere you can imagine. The floor, the bunks, and even somehow on the ceiling. I knock on the door before going in scrunching my face up again. I walk cautiously into the room skirting around piles of clothes, toys, and stools to the lump I see on a top bunk.

Once I'm next to the ladder, I speak. "Eight?"

Two red rimmed green eyes poke out from under the covers. It being too dark under there to see anything else. A shaky voice speaks.