The Town

After all the repairs you had done to the house, it actually isn't half bad! I mean, you did have to literally replace every last floorboard. On the other hand, you at least get a nice view of the wheat fields and whatever animals may roam them. You had been somewhat sure that something was watching you from the fields last time you were out here. Eh, probably just a cat.

The town itself wasn't that large, with a giant church-like building, holding a large clock at the top. Right now the clock reads "6:00" the way that all non-digital clocks do. You would have never considered getting up at 5, but it was necessary to secure the required amount of time to get moved in and have enough time to meet your neighbors.

This amount of planning, however, was not required as by 7, your neighbors had already offered to aide you in getting situated. You gladly accepted as you, even being as weak as you are, didn't think to ask for any friends to help you.

By the time you finished up, the big clock read "9:26" which means you finished nearly two and a half hours ahead of what you had planned. You went around town and introduced yourself, noting also that their eyes looked like that of a cat, and their hair stuck out to form a whisker type form.

After thinking you had met everyone, you returned to your house and proceeded to set up for some YouTube relaxation. Not yet 5 minutes into the video you had decided to watch, you heard a knock on the door. It surprised you, sure, but it was gentle, almost as if it were a peaceful and elegant moss floating in the water. Unsure of why your mind resorted to that comparison, you opened the door to reveal to people, both with the same cat-type aesthetics as the rest of the towns people, and a nice basket of food.

"My name is Hazel, and this is Niko," the older looking one stated in a motherly tone, "and we would like to welcome you to our village. What might your name be?"

"(Y/n)." You respond. 

The one that appeared younger held a slightly puzzled look, but then started to freak out about something unknown, silently. The older one seemed completely oblivious to this.

After offering you the food basket, they both leave back to whichever one of the houses they live in. The smell emanating from the basket of food was nothing short of heavenly. After watching YouTube for the rest of the night, snacking on the food basket's contents as you do so, you go to bed.

And then comes an enlightening dream.

Yes, I decided to be a jerk and leave it on a cliffhanger. You'll just have to either keep reading or wait to find out.