The Dream

You regain consciousness in a dark, yet somewhat familiar location. You're on a walkway that is very long in size, but rather narrow. Around the walkway there are a bunch of screens, the most notable one being directly at the end of the walkway. You walk forwards to the screen with a weird sense of deja-vu.

"Hello (y/n)."

A figure appears in the screen. They look fairly similar to the younger cat-like lady that had come to your door earlier, but look younger and hold a more sepia-toned color scheme. They also seem to know you already.

"Who are you?"

"I guess that it has been quite the amount of time since we last saw each other."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Do you remember what your initial choice was?"

Seeing your looks of confusion, they elaborate.

"Your first run. Did you return the sun to save the world but burdening the to stay there, or did you smash it letting them go home?"

"Wha-"

"Maybe my name will help you remember. I am The World Machine."

You think and you think, going over every theoretical explanation. Finally, it hits you, and by it, I mean the Author's journal. The one with the Black Clover on the front. Then you realize what was going on. This was related to the game OneShot, The World Machine was the game itself, and after you got the solstice ending, Niko was sent home. Niko! That's why she seemed so excited to see me. I feel kinda bad for her though.

"I remember!"

"If you truly remember, which route did you first take?"

"I had Niko return-"

Then you woke up.