Chapter four

I really wasn't hungry, but I didn't want Brahms to go hungry on my behalf no matter how much I didn't like him. He clearly isn't sane. I stalked to the counter and made myself a plate with a small pile of eggs, and a piece of toast. I sat down, outstretched my hand over the fork, and shakily picked it up. He watched me intently as I stabbed the egg with it. I finally scooped up a piece and reluctantly shoved it into my mouth. He didn't move until I swallowed. I nodded and pushed his plate back to him, "it's good". He narrowed his eyes, grabbed his fork, and pushed the mask up enough for him to put his fork into his mouth and without me seeing his face.

I didn't really care if I saw it or not, I actually preferred to never see it. If I did then I could never leave because he'd be vulnerable to the police based on a ossicle description I could give them. While he was eating, I stared off into space. Why did I let him comfort me? He was the reason for my agony and misery! If I let him get close to me, it'll show him it's okay to take everything from someone and still have their respect and "dedication". I couldn't let that happen. He has his moments where he's kind, but most of the time he's dominating and selfish. There's no way we could get along. No way at all.

I had to focus. My plan was still to escape and find help, hopefully to find Malcom. I had to keep my eyes on the prize, there was no way I was staying here voluntarily. But then my mind drifted to Brahms' reassurance that I was so close to getting out of the walls without him. He gave me credit for once. I forced my mind argument out if my head and looked over at Brahms.

He must have noticed me zoned out, because he cocked his head to the side. I forced a smile onto my face and picked up my fork, "sorry, just lost in thought". He shifted his eyes back to his plate and continued to take bites of his breakfast. I ate as much as I could which was only a few more bites, and wiped my mouth with the cloth napkin that rested beside my plate. Brahms noticed I was done, and copied my movements and began to wipe his mouth as well. That sparked a tiny idea in my head. Maybe if I could teach Brahms to be cleanly and responsible, he'd trust me enough to leave me alone long enough for me to escape.

I pushed the idea down into my stomach, it was a lost cause Brahms would never let me escape. I was to be stuck here forever. I'd be lying if the thought of killing Brahms in order to escape hadn't crossed my mind a few times over these long two weeks but I never thought twice about it because even if I wanted to, my body would never let me harm another human being. It's just not who I am.

Brahms got up from the table and stood over me, looming like a dark twisted tree. I looked up at him faking another smile, "what is it Brahms"? He didn't answer, only stared down at me. His eyes devoured my face and hair. What is he thinking about? I didn't want to know. He suddenly took my arm and pulled lightly towards the library. Did he want to read a book? I assumed that's what he wanted and defeatedly complied. My legs shakily stood and I slowly followed his tug into the library where he sat me on a sofa, and handed me a book. It had an illustration of a bird flying over a castle. I imagined myself as that bird, flying high and away from the castle. Away from Brahms. My eyes welled with tears as my wishful imagination and opened the book with shaky hands.

Brahms placed his hand on my shaking hand and pushed it gently down to my lap. Brahms' gentle side was surprising to me since I was so used to his dominant and harsh side. Was he finally beginning to trust me? Excitement filled my head as I began to plan my escape route. This could be it, right?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
So sorry I haven't updated in such a long time! I had a big thing pop up in my life that kept me off the app entirely. Not to mention I'm a slave to procrastination. But I appreciate the positive comments and I can't wait to keep updating for y'all!! I'm hoping to update more frequently with longer chapters I'm just having a bit of writer's block at the moment. Please don't hesitate to correct any spelling or grammar errors I've made! But anywaaaaaay I hope you enjoy this new chapter even though it's literally so short! 🤪🤪