Chapter seven (Part two)

There he was, Malcom. I couldn't move, I couldn't talk. Here I was thinking the worst. "Hey Greta", he whispered. I let out a breath and fell into Malcom's outstretched arms. "Malcom! I thought Brahms"-
"He didn't, by the time he came back to finish the job, I had found a good hiding place". I smiled in relief, "how long have you been hiding down here"? My eyebrows furrowed sewing he was all cleaned up and his a gash on his head was almost completely healed. Malcom chuckled, "well, once Brahms was gone, I hid for a few hours waiting for the dizziness to stop, then I pushed the gate open and crawled out before he came back. I managed to drive home and clean myself up before going to the hospital claiming I fell off a ladder, and then waited a few days before I came back to get you I knew Brahms wouldn't hurt you since he killed Cole solely based on how he treated you. Unfortunately though, Brahms was in the walls a lot more than I anticipated he would be, so I had to go home quite a few times". Anger sparked inside of me, "why didn't you get the police to help me"? I asked. Malcom shook his head, "it's better if we don't get the police involved, remember you and I both saw him murder Cole, and even though we weren't able to get help, the police will still hold it against us especially you. Not to mention the police wouldn't be able to stop a crazed lunatic man who is still "dead".

I was still angry Malcom didn't come sooner, but I understood why he couldn't get the police involved.
"So, are you ready to go? The gate is open and everything you can finally go home". Malcom seemed more impatient than anything, I looked back down the dark hallway. I was more than ready.

Malcom began to climb the ladder. I was close behind but before I could make it to the top, I felt a hand around my ankle, this time I knew exactly who it was. "Brahms" I whispered. Malcom gave me a look, "what do you mean"? I shook my head and mouthed "run". Brahms pulled me down the ladder harshly and began climbing after Malcom. "Run Malcom, go! Get out of here don't let him catch you"!
Malcom climbed up and out of sight, followed closely by Brahms, I hoped Brahms wouldn't be able to catch him but he was fast, especially when he was angry.

I was frozen in shock wishing it was just a dream. I snapped out of it once I realized there was still a way out. I took it upon myself to run through the walls dodging cobwebs and low rafters. With every step, my legs burned and stung. Sweat poured down my forehead and dampened my shirt. My main focus was to get to the front door. Brahms still had all of the doors padlocked, but I knew that if I could pick them, I could run out of the front and hopefully meet Malcom outside. Brahms couldn't go outside.

I ran as fast as I could praying I'd make it out of the walls. The seconds felt like minutes of me navigating my way through the maze of hell. I finally made it out of the walls and into my bedroom where I flew down the hallway and jumped down the stairs. I ran to the front door. I shook the lock but sure enough, it wouldn't budge. I tried thinking of all the places Brahms could have hidden the keys, there was just no way I could think like him. I ran to the drawer in the foyer, and emptied all of its contents on the floor. I carefully picked out the screwdriver that I had when I first met Brahms. I placed it in my back pocket, and found a large hammer. I walked over to the door, and began to bang on the handle with it. After four or five hard pounds, it snapped and off popped the lock. I laughed with joy at my accomplishment, I'm free!
I swung open the door, only to be greeted by Brahms. "Where do you think you're going"? His childlike voice pierced my ears. I screamed, but was cut off with his hand. He slammed the door behind him and picked me up. I kicked and screamed until he threw me down on the steps. I hit my head roughly off of the step and bit down on my tongue to distract myself from the pain. Brahms hoisted me up on his shoulder, and began to carry me upstairs. I remember the screwdriver I still had, if I wasn't so dizzy, I'd easily be able to stab him in his jugular, and escape him, but I couldn't reach my pocket.

He slammed me down on the bed and grabbed rope out of a the chest at the end of my bed. I shuttered, when was the rope put in there? And by who? Brahms held up the rope ready to tie me with it, but I fought him with every last piece of energy I had left. I kicked and swatted and yelled. I tried to grab the screwdriver but Before I could move my hand to grab it, I was overpowered, and Brahms tied my arms and legs to the bed posts and then gagged my mouth with a cloth. "I'm going to take care of the problem, when I get back you better be here"! His voice sounded so innocent yet so sinister. I felt like I was trapped in a nightmare. "Malcom"! I tried to scream, but the gag stifled my words into muffled noises. I hoped Malcom had gotten away, but deep down I feared he too would fall to Brahms' angry wrath.

The screwdriver was still wedged in my back pocket, but that was no help considering I couldn't move.
The room was spinning and I could only see double. I easily had a concussion, there was no way I didn't. I pulled and yanked my arms away from the bedposts, but with each pull, the ropes got tighter.

I eventually gave up, and accepted defeat. Brahms would soon be upstairs to finish me off, like he most likely did to Malcom. I replayed the last hour in my head. What did I do wrong? How did Brahms know I was in the walls? No matter how much I changed the scenario, Brahms still managed to attack Malcom and keep me. I was no match for him. Brahms wasn't human. He was a monster.

The door to the closet flung open, Brahms peeked around the door. "Did you miss me"? He asked still sounding like a child. I shook my head and began to cry. He didn't care, he came out from behind the door and cocked his head. Blood was splattered on his cardigan. It was most likely Malcom's. I let a loud sob escape my lips. He just laughed and sat on top of my shaking body, straddling me with his legs. "Let's see how fun tonight can be".

That was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
And this concludes chapter seven!! (I'm sorry for such short chapters, but I have to leave cliffhangers so the story doesn't get boring)
This is different than what I'm used to writing, I'm not good at writing about violence (if you can't tell). But that is who Brahms is. Violent. I think I like this chapter though because I surprised myself with it a little. I hope you guys enjoy reading it! Hopefully chapter eight will be up before Monday!! Thank you again for reading!!
-Ri