Chapter Seven (part one)

Throughout all of this, I still thought about Malcom everyday. I often snuck away when I could and tried to search inside of the walls before Brahms could notice I was gone, but I never found him. "He has to be gone, maybe home"? I said aloud one night. Brahms had already been in bed. I sat up, this was eating at me.

I was going to find Malcom. Tonight. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and padded over to my closet. I quietly unlatched the lock, and swung the door open. I stuck my head inside the hole in the wall and looked around. It was pitch black.

I pulled out a flash light from my suitcase, and switched it on. I took a deep breath, and walked into the walls. The walls let out a low groan with every step I took, a few times I thought it was loud enough to wake Brahms who was asleep in his bedroom. I bit my lip, and continued walking further into the walls. I swatted cobwebs and coughed through the dust, how did Brahms walk through this? There were so many turns and holes, it was impossible to navigate anywhere.

After a few minutes of stepping slowly, I found Brahms' main room. I sighed in relief and quickly switched the light on. At this point I remembered where the gate to the outside was, and I headed for the ladder in his room. With every step, my hope rose that I could actually get out of the house and find Malcom, but everything crashed when I felt a hand grab my ankle.

I looked down and gasped.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Annnnd another short chapter. While I was reading chapter six, I noticed that I haven't mentioned Malcom, or anything about him since the beginning chapters. So here's a little small piece of chapter seven that leads up to a huge shift in the plot!! Hopefully this is cliff hanger enough, expect part two of chapter seven tomorrow!!