Introduction

The book you are about to read – the world of Lyra and friends (and enemies) that you are about to enter – has been selected to be a part of Wattpad's Paid Stories program.

This means that the first seven chapters of the novel are available to you, as usual, for free, and are published in all their glory for your reading enjoyment. However, after the seventh chapter, there is a paywall in place that will require you to purchase access to the remaining chapters, from Chapter Eight on.

This is the result of a very carefully thought out decision process, and it is not in any way meant to confuse anyone, which is why this introduction acts as a sort of disclaimer for you, my valued reader. This book is the result of almost 3 years of thought, deliberation, and hard, hard work. If you have ever tried writing a full-fledged novel (as most of you here have), you will know the extent and caliber of the work that goes into the writing process. It's no joke. That is why I hope that you will respect my decision to seek what compensation that I can for it. Through Wattpad's wonderful Paid Stories program, I can do just that. Being a part of the program means that, not only do I have more time and more help to focus on continuing to bring you wonderful and well thought-out stories, but also, that the version of As Seen On TV that you are about to read is in the best condition it has ever been. It is in the process of being fully edited and polished up, and thus, is in much better shape than it was when I first started writing it as a romance-crazed high schooler with too much free time on her hands.

As always, I am so incredibly thankful for your support, as well as very grateful to everyone in the Wattpad community who has believed in me from the start, and those who have helped in bringing to the platform the best version of my baby that I could have hoped for.

Now that that's out of the way, Lyra's crazy story of love and loss awaits you. Enjoy!