Wake up

It was the first day of winter break. 3 Ravenclaw's, 1 Hufflepuff and Tom and Katherine were the only students still at Hogwarts.

Katherine woke up with a big smile on her face, she was extremely excited to be spending all of winter break with Tom. She got dressed in (picture) and ran into the common room, where she saw Tom.

Tom was sitting in his chair, reading. Katherine sprinted in his direction and hugged him, nearly sending the chair to fall backwards.

"Katherine!" He gasped, surprised.

"Tom!" She screamed in excitement.

"We are going to have the best day ever!"

Tom chuckled. " what would you like to do today?" He asked and kissed her on the forehead.

"Let's go outside. Go put on some warm clothes and meet me outside." Katherine said, walking out the common room door.

"Skating?" Tom shouted from the other side of the door.

"Yup!" She replied. Katherine walked out to the lake and transformed her shoes into skates. She took a step onto the ice and skated towards the middle of the frozen lake. She did some jumps and spins, waiting for Tom. She saw him walking towards her direction.

"Tom!" She said, jumping.

Tom smiled but it quickly faded and was replaced by a worried and shocked expression. " KATHERINE GET..." He shouted, running towards her.

Katherine couldn't hear what he was saying. " what!?" She shouted.

"GET OFF THE ICE!" He shouted, now sprinting towards her.

Katherine looked at her feet, there was cracks on the ice surrounding her. Before she could even take a step, the ice gave away and Katherine fell into the water.

It felt like shards and daggers piercing her skin. The pain and shock prevented her from swimming back up. She was unable to scream, unable to move. She watched the light at the top of the water, slowly disappear, the darkness of the deep waters swallowing her and filling her lungs.

***

Tom was walking towards the lake, when he saw Katherine waving to him and jumping up and down. He smiled at her but then he saw the ice crack. More formed around her.

Worry and fear filled Tom " GET OFF OF THE ICE!" He shouted, running in her direction.

"What!?" She shouted back.

Tom ran faster "GET OFF THE ICE!" He warned again.

He watched as the ice collapsed around Katherine and swallowed her whole. He froze, unable to think, unable to move.

Is this really happening?

Reality hit him hard and he ran onto the un cracked ice. He was sweating he was shaking as he cast a spell to pull Katherine out of the water and onto the un cracked ice.

Her skin was white as if it had no blood, her lips and fingertips were purple and frost had formed in her hair and around her face.

Tom picked her up and sprinted into the castle. He ran into the infirmary and saw the nurse "help her!" He shouted.

The surprised nurse looked in his direction and dropped the medicine she was holding. " place her on the bed, hurry!" She shouted.

Tom gently placed Katherine onto the bed. She was breathing but barely.

The nurse used a spell which looked like it was to warm Katherine up. She ran into a room and brought out a trolley of potions. Another nurse came running up to help.

"Go inform the headmaster" one of them whispered to the other.

Tom could barley breath, his head was spinning and the thought of this all being a dream, constantly swept through his mind.

"Is she going to be alright" he panted.

The nurse looked up at him, still doing what she was doing to Katherine. " I think it's best if you leave until she stabilizes."

"I'm not leaving her!" Tom protested.

"Mr. Riddle, I think you should listen to her." Said Headmaster Dippet, walking into the room.

Tom slowly and hesitantly made his way out of the room, not taking his eyes off Katherine. He watched the doors close behind him.

What if she doesn't make it? What if she never wakes up?

These thoughts ran through his mind, effecting him greatly. Tom brought his hands to his face and groaned in frustration into them. When he took his hands off of his face, he realized that they were wet. He was crying? He had never cried before, never knew that he could.

Tom paced in front of the infirmary door for what felt like hours. What was taking them so long? Was she alright?

Another hour went by but for Tom it felt like 6. The door to the infirmary finally opened and Dippet walked out.

"She fine but she's unconscious. You may go in and see her." He said.

Tom practically sprinted into the room. Katherine wasn't as pale but all the colour hadn't returned to her face. Her lips were still purple but the frost that surrounded her was now gone.

Tom let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding in. He walked up to her bed and took a seat on a chair beside her bed. He hesitantly held her cold hand.

"Please wake up." He whispered, holding her hand with both of his. "I need you" he cried.

She didn't move.

Tom placed a gentle kiss on her ice cold lips. "Wake up Katherine, please wake up." He pleaded, burying his head into the bed.

"Tom?" He heard a faint voice call out to him. He lifted his head, relief and happiness flooding him.

Katherine squinted her eyes at the harsh light. Where was she? The infirmary? The harsh events that took place came running into her head.

Tom wrapped his arms around Katherine. "You stupid, arrogant, stubborn girl. Do you have any idea what hell you just put me through?"

Katherine wrapped her arms around Tom's neck. "I'm sorry Tom."

Tom pulled away from the hug and placed his lips on Katherine's. " don't you ever leave me again."

She rested her forehead on Tom's "I promise I won't." She said, wiping a few tears off of his face.

"I love you Katherine" Tom weakly smiled.

"I love you too Tom."

What did you think? Feels? No feels?