Chapter 13: Plans

The four of them wandered over the hills of the most part of the morning. One could say that none of them were ready to leave the other, nevertheless, Adele and Mary had to leave as they had told no one about their walk and it would lead to a ruckus in the house. James accompanied them and became their confidante.

Darcy sighed as he watched them leave, for he wished to keep Adele with him for some more time, if not forever. He, however, was disturbed by the Lucas man as he seemed too close to Adele than he seemed to fathom.

Darcy thought he was too scrupulous about the whole affair, though, a few moments ago, he saw the obvious emotions that Lucas expressed.

The two men had been walking together while the ladies were near the top where the flowers bloomed. Darcy admitted that he was shamelessly staring at the violet blue eyed beauty when he heard the words, "They are quite the beauties in their own way, aren't they, Darcy?"

The astonishment he felt by the words were nothing compared to the look he saw on James's countenance when he whipped his head towards him. Pure love, adoration and serenity, the emotions of a true and devoted lover. Darcy thought to trial the path of his neighbour's vision and there she was, sun kissing her snowy skin and her cocoa brown hair burning red while the eyes twinkled like holy stars gifted to her by the goddess of universe herself.

His breathe hitched and his heart thundered with the sinful flames of jealousy while the man still shamelessly stared at her.

How can someone look at a woman, who is not his betrothed in such a manner. He thought, nearly neglecting how was himself looking at the same damsel not a moment ago.

"Well, Mr Lucas, I am certain that you, my friend, are not talking about both, however, including the second only to look uncaught," the words were sneered so venomously that James had to look over at Darcy to see how much affected he was by the ordeal.

The two gentlemen were so caught in their, not a playful, banter that they almost did not hear Mary's yelp as the two sisters slipped down. They made haste towards the ladies and helped them. Darcy had not been more certain of anything else in his entire life that he of James helping Adele first if himself had not been faster to reach the mentioned dame.

Adele, not affected by the slip, had a small uplift of the corners adorning her lush cherry lips while Mary blushed crimson due to her own clumsiness. James was smiling slightly at Mary which was seen but not noted by the jealous gentleman.

Darcy sighed at the memory and made his way to his horse taking off to the estate which so silently had observed his sleepless nights' thought and his dreams about the same lady which caused him to so angrily snap at an innocent man, well, not innocent for he was eyeing Adele, who was his. Though, he did not return as enthusiastically as he went, for there were some human leeches who stuck to him called Bingley sisters.
__________________

Adele and Mary returned at the breakfast hour and went to their respective chambers to change into some comfortable clothes. Adele had the same small uplift of her lips that she had since she saw Darcy at dawn. Oh, Mr Darcy! What have you done to me.

Adele declared the day to be the best, already, even though it wasn't even the day break. She slipped into her smooth dress which she adorned at home with the help of Mrs Hill and then, the mentioned maid twisted and knotted her hair into a neet bunch with her unruly small tendrils playing on her face.

She was happy, happier than she had been in a while, and that certainly showed, for even Hill noticed the slight glow on the hills of her cheekbones. Adele blushed ever so slightly that it looked to be due to the fact that she was a little embarrassed to have been noticed and not that the true case was the early morning visit to the love.

Adele thanked Hill wholeheartedly as always and made her way to the breakfast room but was stopped by the hushed voices that spoke of herself.

"You may take my eldest daughter on a walk, Mr Collins, for I permit that and Mr Bennet would not object too. Then you may ask her to be your wife, to which she would not deny for sure," Mrs Bennet gushed in the most quiet voice she could muster.

Adele could see Mr Collins nodding thoughtfully, through the slightly opened doors and she panicked. Her own mother was so keen on marrying her to so small minded man that it showed how much she cared for her. Her anger flared and she turned on her heels and left for her adobe. Her sudden turn was noticed by the whole household, including maids, servants and even her sisters and father. The latter exchanged a glance with Elizabeth and rushed after her.

There she was, sitting on her bed facing the window which was opened ever so slightly that the wind swayed the curtains till the peak of her nose. Her favourite instrument, a flute, in her hands and her lips blowing into it while her fingers played with eyes closed looking like she imagined playing it in front of the Mousai goddesses of music. She looked so serene, so calm and beautiful. His daughter has grown up into a Lady of Perfection. How can that Pompous Darcy declare her to be plain and not handsome enough. Stupid men of today, none worthy of my daughter's eyes, let alone her life.

"My dear, as much as I do not want to break the peace, you are required at the table," he reluctantly said.

"I shall not eat today," she declared with an arrogance that generates only through anger. Her bossom heaved in controlled breathes and her eyes would not meet his, she would not even turn to him.

"Why, I may ask?"

"No, I do not wish to tell, father, you may leave and enjoy your breakfast."

He sighed, stubborn as ever, and could think of nothing else so he surrendered, not easily. "Then my dear, I may not eat as well. We can enjoy each other's company and you may play for me until the noon."

He sat beside her and sighed. There was a silence, both looking forward at the beautiful lights the sun bring at the early morning hours.

"Why father," she sighed and looked at him, "why does she have to love me so less?"

Mr Bennet understood the reference and shook his head, "she is a weak minded woman, Adele, for who's charm I fell. She doesn't understand the mind and taste and married me for money. Our marriage wasn't a happy one, though she was satisfied by her catch. I too was fool and married her beauty and never saw the foolish woman behind the soft silk curtains of beauty, I was blinded. Thus, she only has her eyes for outer conventional beauty and her ears to good humour. What comes in between them is as lost to her as she tries to understand."

The silence prevailed yet again, she sighed deeply and in a monotonous voice confessed, "She wants me to marry Mr Collins."

Mr Bennet seemed more amused that he thought right than shocked at the news. "I am rather amused at the fact that I am not surprised, your mother is more foreseeable than she would observe herself to be."

"That, my dear father, is very true," she smiled lightly, "nevertheless, the fact should be as hidden from her, as it is until now."

Mr Bennet chuckled lightly and kissed her forehead. "I think you had enough for a day's appetite to be consumed. Let me leave you alone while I play with Mr Collins." The glint in his eyes told her that the game he wanted to play would be a one way process and that it would be lost upon Mr Collins.