Chapter 6

It was around six the afternoon and everyone was at the house.
Amy was busy in the kitchen while Alan and Josh were just talking.

"Josh could you go get Maya?" Amy asked.
"Yeah," Josh said and ran upstairs.

He opened Maya's door to find her fast asleep on the bed.
He smiles as he enter sthe room before closing the door.
He throws a blanket over her and looks at her.
Slowly he just realizes that she is the girl he fell in love with and doesn't entirely know why he is even playing the long game anymore.
He then goes out the room and closes the door.

"She's fast asleep. Think it's the pain killers," Josh said.
"Could you guys sort out your drama? She acted stange yesterday," Amy said.
"I'm not entirely sure what to answer you Mom. I know that she wasn't herself and we did talk earlier. She was definitely not herself but I am Riley's uncle which makes everything very difficult. I'm obliged to take her side and I can't. Not with this one."
"You're right. You are obligated to take her side and you will," Alan said.
"Maybe for you guys but not me. What if I told you guys Riley encouraged Lucas to attack Maya? Clearly she isn't the same girl I thought was my niece. I can't take her side with this. Sorry guys."

~

"Hey how is Maya?"

Josh was Skyping Shawn to try and figure out how to handle Maya.
But that wasn't much of a success.

"She's okay. She handled seeing me a bit bad but she is fine now. Listen Shawn. I'm not sure what to do now. My parents are basically forcing me to take Riley's side with this thing but I can't," Josh said.
"You have every right to chose who you want. Maya isn't going to blame you if..."
"You aren't listening Shawn. I can't. I can't take my niece's side because if I was in New York right now I would have done what Lucas did to Maya. I don't agree to any of this. I don't care if she is family or not but Riley messed up," Josh said.
"So what now?"
"I don't know. She is sleeping at the moment so I have a bit of time to guess what I'm going to do. My father has to go back to work tomorrow and my mother has a busy day so I'll have to keep her company. But don't worry. I'm not cross," Josh said.
"I have to go. Take care of her, won't you?"
"I will. Bye," Josh said and slammed his computer close.

He looks at a picture he had framed from a year ago.
Where he and Maya promised someday.
He smiled at how incredible everything is.
Maya is exactly the same girl she was back then even though it has been a few months.
But one thing Josh knows for sure.
He isn't the same guy he was back then.