Chapter 8

It was about a week later and everything was falling into place.
Katy and Shawn signed the contract for the house which was walking distance from the Matthews while Maya got into the school.
They were planning everything out really well while Josh made plans to move colleges.
He didn't want to do it at the beginning but now he thinks that it could be best if he is closer to Maya.
There is a college close by and he did send his application in so he could see if he can get in but nothing is a fact yet.
Right now he is just going on maybe it will happen.

"So Maya. Your plans are finalized?" Alan asked.
"Yeah looks like it. My mom got a job at a bakery nearby and my dad does his business on his own so he doesn't have to go through the struggle. I got into Roxborough with the help of your son and now I'm actually just waiting until my parents come next week to Philadelphia," Maya said.
"What has Josh heard about the college here?" Alan asked looking at Amy.
"What college?" Maya asked.
"Oh he hasn't told you yet? He is transferring from NYU to a college here. Possibly," Amy said.
"Where is he currently?" Maya asked.
"At Andrew's. A old school friend," Amy said.
"Think I'm gonna take a walk outside. I'm taking my phone with me if you guys are looking for me," Maya said.

~
Josh was walking home from the visit and saw Maya in a park not far from the house.
He wondered about what she is doing there but not really much.

"What you doing here? "Josh asked and sat down next to her.
"So you forgot to tell me you are moving colleges. When did that happen?" Maya asked.
"I am never telling my mother anything," Josh said and Maya looks at him.
"Josh," Maya said.
"Wednesday. I didn't want to tell you before I was sure I got in," Josh said.
"If you do that it isn't going to go by without drama. Your family is going to..."
"My parents are really happy. I'm closer to home then," Josh said.
"I move here and you suddenly want to move back home? Yeah it doesn't make sense," Maya said as she stood up.

Josh sigh as he looks into Maya's eyes.
He could see she didn't want drama.
Josh grabbed Maya's hand pulling her back down.
She looked at him and didn't actually know what was going to happen right now.

"Okay you're right. It doesn't make sense. Maya I want to be close. And no. Not just to my parents but to you as well. You're going through a lot and I want to help. I know you don't actually understand what to do next and maybe I can help you. If you'll allow me," Josh said.
"You have no idea what you're asking me," Maya said and stood up.

Josh sigh as he rubs his eyes before turning around.
Maya immediately stopped and turned around.
After awhile she looked up to Josh and exhaled.

"I don't want to fight," Maya said.
"Who says I want to? Maya I didn't tell you because I wanted to make sure what is going on before I just say 'Oh I'm moving to Philadelphia'. It wasn't on purpose," Josh said and Maya smiled.
"I know you didn't Josh," Maya said giving him a hug.
"I just don't want anymore drama then I have already caused," Maya said.

Josh pulled away looking into Maya's eyes realizing for the first time who she is.
She isn't just a girl.
She is a girl who he fell in love with.
He gave her a small smile and lightly touched her face.
He leaned forward pressing his lips on hers.
Maya then realizes that she doesn't need anything more.
All she needs is right there.