A Mattress?

You had to wriggle out of his hold, and you left. You went and collected a dustpan and brush, and went back down. You cleaned up the shards of china and took it away.

You sat down in front of the TV. You picked up your phone and key's as you walked out of the door. You drove a mile into town, where you bought a mattress, a few books, a blanket and a bedside lamp. You put them all in the back of the truck and drove the mile back home. You opened the door, threw the boxes of stuff inside and shut the door. Before you would forget again, you went out to the truck and removed any traces of Stark. The blood, the ripped clothing. It all went.

Inside you checked the boxes up and went to the basement, unlocked it and walked down the stairs. You placed them down. He was awake now, but to scared to move or to say anything. You pulled the mattress out and laid it down across the room from the door. Then you got the lamp, and placed it next to the mattress, and got out the few books you had bought and put them next to the lamp.

You looked at the man who was terrified of you. You sat down opposite him, he looked pale and very skinny. " would you likw something to eat?"

" why haven't you killed me yet?"

"I don't know, " you don't know what made you speak the truth to him. You looked down.

" I bought you a mattress, and a few books- don't wan the genius going all dumb on us now."

"what is this. You throw me down here, don't feed me for 3 days, then when you do give me food you throw the plate at me. Then you comfort me when I have a nightmare.."

"you were keeping me up."

"and then you go out and buy me... a mattress?"

"if you don't want it..."

"that's not what i'm saying. I just don't understand.."

"I don't understand how one man has so many enemy's that he gets himself kidnaped twice?" you snapped and he cowered away from you as you raised your voice.

who done it this time?"

"you don't want to know."

"if I didn't want to know, I wouldn't have asked.you sighed. He wasn't going to like this.

" I got a call, from a woman- Called Pepper." he sobbed.

"she set up a meeting, and I met a Steve." he was shaking his head.

"I was given inside information from Rhodney." he was shaking violently now, and you stood.

You sat don next to him, and placed a hand on his back, trying not to touch any cuts he had. " i'm sorry, Tony. I know they were your Friends..."

"no they weren't"

"i'm sorry. I'll get you some dinner."

You went up stairs, and started preparing a meal for two. You didn't know why but you felt really bad fo him. He didn't seem like the guy the media portrayed. He was nice. Too nice. He had gotten to you.