Cannot Covid

3 years later, I'm finally active on here again, and phew buddy, a lot has changed. I had completely forgotten about Midnight Dreams and a Cup of Tea (my bad), but funnily enough, it's almost midnight over here just like how it started at the beginning. I see the date of when this little journal was last updated (spoiler it was October 2019) with my brain just unable to comprehend how life was then. Maskless, regular flu shots, and not really needing to worry about passing around this virus called COVID-19...what a luxury.

I reread my previous entries, remembering simpler times before things just got so complicated. I walk through the memories of going on those dates, going out without masks on, and attending school without a worry of a lockdown or an outbreak happening. The worst thing I could get was basically just the flu or strep, and those are unlikely to shut anything down.

It's just really different now.

People are split between trusting the medical officials and vaccines, and the world seems to be indecisive about what they want to do in regards to the pandemic. I just want to go college in peace, and be on my way to a life resembling how it was before 2020 hit. Everything related to politics and depressing news stories are slowly becoming white noise as you come to the realization that there will always be a time when something's wrong, someone has opinions, and people get angry.

It's an odd feeling when you get COVID-19 though, the virus of the roaring twenties. The deadly virus. The virus that seems to break the news channels.

Like you have got it, after avoiding it for so long, and now sitting in quarantine.

The worst part is that you don't exactly know whether you have it or not as, if you still have your taste and smell, it feels like a very sucky cold mixed in with flu symptoms. Even worse is that you might not test positive in the first few days when the symptoms are at its peak and then test positive when you're prepared to step out into the world again (that's what happened to me).

I'm just grateful that I didn't get anyone severely ill. To anyone who is sick and having to quarantine, I hope you feel better soon. To those who are feeling symptoms, go get tested just in case if there are available appointments around.