Epilogue

More than a century later

"Alpha Petersen-Ainsworth" the teacher called out and the two children stopped in their tracks, shoulders hunched in their stealth mode

"Alpha Petersen-Ainsworth" the teacher called out and the two children stopped in their tracks, shoulders hunched in their stealth mode. "Alpha Ainsworth-Petersen, where do you think you're going?"

'Why does she always have to start with me?' The first of the pair complained to his partner in crime.

'Because you're older.' The other replied, his tone cheerful despite the certainty of punishment.

"Well?" The teacher questioned at their continued silence, her hands on her hips to show how serious she was.

The young alpha Petersen gifted the female with his most endearing smile. "We just wanted to be there when our grandparents get home, Miss Pine."

By his side, alpha Ainsworth had on his most earnest expression, nodding his agreement. His blue eyes pleading for understanding.

Miss Pine stiffened her back against the dual assault of the smile and fathomless eyes. The twins were too charming for their own good and she willed herself to resist them. "School won't be out for twenty more minutes, so please get back to class."

"But we finished all our work!" Young alpha Ainsworth protested.

"Be that as it may, you can't leave without permission."

"You know," alpha Petersen stated with a mutinous look on his beautiful face. "You shouldn't order alphas around."

Miss Pine smiled at the young heir. "Well if the alpha is seven years old and misbehaving then it's a were's duty to discipline them, especially if the were's their teacher." She leaned down until she was eye to eye with him. "Plus your parents said I could whip your little tushies."

She straightened and almost laughed at the wide eyed look the pair gave her. But it would've taken away from the rather empty threat. Even if their parents had given her permission, their grandparents were another issue. No one in their right mind crossed those two.

"Now I'm afraid you're going to have to stay behind for five minutes after school is done." She kept her face a bit stern to show how serious the issue was.

"Five whole minutes?"

"Yes." She agreed, her stance firm.

The young heirs' lips quivered and their eyes filled. Miss Pine's heart broke and she felt like the most heartless rogue but she couldn't give in. Their parents had asked all the teachers to be firm with discipline so the duo wouldn't be spoiled.

As if to some signal, they both took a bracing breath and blinked the tears away. As one, they reached for the other's hand and stiffened their spines. "Okay miss Pine." They said in unison.

"Good boys." She complimented, then led them back to class.

Like stoic little soldiers, they sat still on the desk they shared. Near identical, solemn faces looking miserably back at her. That was the thing about the twin alphas. Seen separately a person would think they were the same child. Only side by side could someone see the minute differences between them.