It's The Little Things

Disclaimer - James Dashner...remember that name, for he is the one who has come up with these ideas and characters not me...my name (Susanna) has just created one, that would be Autumn and Briar now too I suppose. I'm rambling, anyways have fun :) 

A/N - Thank you guys so much for all the reads and votes and comments and you may not think so but I read all of them so...it really makes my day every single time, thank you! :D 

Also guys I decided I'm going to change the title to "The Glitch" cause it matches this one and then the sequel will either be "Set In Stone" or "Fall" 

Newt's POV 

        My ears perked up at the sound of the Greenie alarm. I guess everything really was going back to normal in the Glade, well however buggin' normal it could be. I started towards the Box, in the middle of the Glade, my ankle still gave me some problems...but very few now. 

        I saw Autumn standing as close as possible to the edge of the Box hole. She had her hands balled up in anticipation, I cocked my head to the side in question. 

        "What the shuck are you so excited about?" I nodded towards her. She turned towards me, her hair framing an evil grin. She smirked, a little sideways smile that suited her so well... 

        "You'll just have to see." She turned her attention back to the Box. I continued walking towards her, I could see her rocking back and forth on her toes, poised to run. 

        "You know you're still gonna have to wait thirty lovin' minutes?" I asked standing behind her. It took everything in me not to just reach out and pull her into my arms. Shuck. I was falling for Autumn, falling for Fall. I smiled at myself, more than I would have liked to admit. 

        "Well then you should let me, since I'm – once again," she turned to face me and rolled her brown eyes, "not allowed to run." 

        "You got stabbed." I replied in slight disbelief. She literally got stabbed, like three shuck days ago and she already wants to run again?! 

        "Yes." She blinked in response. "But now I'm okay." I watched her wriggle in discomfort, or maybe that was impatience. She rubbed her arm against her shirt, as if attempting to shift the bandage underneath...it was discomfort. My eyes must have widened because she stopped immediately. 

        "I'm fine." She stated again, letting her arms hang by her sides. 

        "Are you?" I asked. She has gone through more than anyone else, but here she was still smiling, trying to force everyone into having fun... I smiled at her, then took her arm. She winced and pulled it back. 

        "Sorry." I spoke quickly. Shuck, did I hurt her? 

        "It's fineeeee." She dragged out the 'e' like I've heard her and Minho do before. Why don't we have a thing we do? Why does that matter so much to me... 

        "Turn around." I nodded at her, crossing my arms. She didn't say anything, just turned back around slowly. I saw it, a deep crimson seeping through her shirt. It probably happened when she spun around so quickly, reopened the wound... "Autumn, you're bleeding." I stated. 

        "I have a bandage. It'll be okay. And I will not miss another Greenie, so like it or not I'm waiting right here." She plopped down in an almost childish way and crossed her arms back at me. I closed my eyes before sitting next to her.