Trapped

Disclaimer - These ideas belong to James Dashner...especially these ones cause I doubt I could ever come up with something so complex and amazing :) 

A/N - So for Autumn it's between Georgie Henley, Shelley Hennig and Zoë Sugg... who do you guys want??? 

Also I haven't read The Kill Order or the Death Cure in like 2 and half years so if some of the information is wrong just let me know and I'll change it... thanks :) 

Autumn's POV 

        I felt my body slide against the rough wooden walls of the Homestead, felt myself hit the hard floor, and felt pair of arms around me...but I didn't see any of it. It was like my body was still in the Glade but my mind had gone to a completely different place. I was shaking and I knew it, but there was no stopping what was coming. I tried to breathe normally but my heart was beating against my chest at a million miles an hour and the breaths wouldn't slow. 

        My mind however had travelled to a very different place...tons of images flashed through my mind at the speed of light, until settling on a truly disturbing one. This time I was not an observer, I didn't feel slightly detached from my former self...this time I was living the memory. 

        The overpowering stench of blood and rot filled my nostrils and I gasped awake, my breathing came ragged and in choking coughs. I sputtered, sitting up. My bare legs scratched against rough concrete ground. I felt the sting of it and noticed that I was covered in scratches and bruises. I looked around, squinting at the sun and intense heat. I seemed to be in some sort of neighbourhood... there were houses, and people but it was horribly wrong. The houses were trashed and broken, the people mutilated and crazed, and there were horrific deep red stains on everything. 

        I shook, getting to my feet. I was only wearing shorts and a t-shirt, I felt too exposed. Too unprotected. I didn't have anything from keeping those Cranks away from me. Cranks? Why had that word popped into my head? I spun around cautiously, not wanting to take my eyes off of the people, not wanting to show them what an easy target I was. I turned until I faced a chain-link fence, lined with guards  dressed in full black, carrying big guns. I needed to get their attention, but I did not want to get the attention of the Cranks. Somehow I knew as soon as that happened everything was over. 

        I walked up to the fence, flinching at the sight of a disembodied finger laying on the ground near it. I gripped the warm metal in my hand and shook the fence. The guards did not turn. I did it again, this time with more force, causing more rattling. I watched as a guard scratched at his ear, but did not move. My heart was beating fast, I was trapped in here...in this Crank Palace. I heard a crunching sound behind me and I whipped my head around, back against the fence. There was a girl, she stood slightly hunched over and with her weight on her right foot. Her blonde hair was short and greasy, with many bald patches, they revealed hundreds of bright red scabs. Her clothes were torn and dirty and her skin was scabbed and bruised beyond repair. I stared at her. 

        "You can't get out." She moved her head slowly to the side, a gleaming smile spreading across her face. 

        "I'm no supposed to be here." I stuttered back at her. She threw her head back violently and let out a piercing laugh. 

        "What makes you so important?" She asked, her fingernails dug into her hands as she spoke. I saw red on them when she unclenched her fists. 

        "I-I..." I felt myself want to say 'I'm not sick.' but I couldn't. It would only make them hate me more. The girl took a limping step closer, laughing to herself. A cold, fast laugh that screamed lunacy. My grip on the fence tightened and my heart rate quickened, I could feel sweat forming in my palms. 

        "Mmmmm, don't worry. You'll be crazy too." Her eyes stared past me, at the guards by the fence. She sped forward, faster than I thought would have even been possible for her. I stumbled away from her, but she moved to the fence, gripping the wire so hard that her red hands turned white. "We'll all be crazy! You can't stop it!" she screamed at the fence, a screaming laugh interjecting her words horribly, "Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!" she chanted at the guards. I saw them shuffle uncomfortably, but did not move. Like they had been instructed not to. 

        The Crank whipped around to face me, blonde hair framing her face hauntingly. She advanced slowly and I knew I had no where to go, if I ran she'd chase, if I fought she'd fight back. So I stood as calm as I could, unmoving, until I could smell her rotting breath and feel the warm air that followed them. 

        "Don't worry. You can stay with meee." The Crank hissed, then grabbed my wrist with an iron grip. I choked on a sob and did the only thing I could do. I screamed. Screamed so loud I'm sure I destroyed my vocal chords, screamed for my life. I finally heard the sound of boots against dirt as a guard turned around. I mouthed the words 'help me' at him. He just shook his head apologetically and turned back around. 

~*~*~ 

        The rest of the memory wasn't quite as vivid, but it was every bit as scarring. I remembered being trapped there, being tortured and wounded. I remembered the endless tears, the haunting laughs and constant stench of death. I remembered being immune. I couldn't tell how long I survived in the awful place, maybe it was weeks...a month? It was a miracle that I hadn't been killed, even more of a miracle that I had escaped. I remember finally proving to the guards I was immune, remember their apologies and the outraged screams of the other Cranks as I left. 

        I felt the Homestead coming back, my vision blurred by tears. 

A/N - Okay just to clarify some things about this...after WICKED took Newt, Autumn was so sad and angry that they thought she was infected with the Flare and she got taken to the Crank Palace...and the rest is explained from there 

Also if any of you guys have any questions about the previous chapters or just random questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer (what I mean is I'll answer the ones that the story isn't going to answer later) 

:)