1. H I S M I S T A K E

Chapter One: HIS MISTAKE (Thought I would start this story with a bang! XD )

Everything was slipping from my fingers and I wasn't able to do anything. Time felt like sand and my circumstances seemed like a cruel joke of life.

I would do anything to rewind time and live through the time I was beside Zara once more. Nothing mattered anymore.

How could situations even change that suddenly? I woke up beside Zara sleeping beside me. I may sound like a creep but I watched her sleep for a really long time, how her hair moved with every breath she took and how her naked chest moved up and down in rhythm. She looked so peaceful that I didn't move. And now, I really wish that I hadn't.

Maybe if I didn't feel the need to pee and take a shower afterwards, everything between us would be alright right now. Who am I kidding? I fucked up and I fucked up real bad. It's really funny how I fuck everything up, how people leave whenever I come close to them.

My body felt on auto, I didn't know how my hands were moving, where my legs were taking me, if they were even moving. I had completely zoned out and my body felt heavy. My chest felt constricted as if I couldn't breathe.

My gaze landed on my bed where just a few hours ago, me and Zara had made love. I could still picture her face as she asked me to mark her, how amazing it sounded when she said she loved me. What would have happened if I had marked her last night?

My wolf had retreated in the back of my mind and had refused to talk to me. He felt betrayed by it's human. He never liked it whenever I slept with another female, he wanted me to wait for our mate, and being the douchebag I am, I didn't listen to him. I could feel him somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind but he was continuously refusing my advances to approach him. Not having my wolf at this time left me feel hollow, deserted and like a shell.

My gaze finally landed on the only other person in the room, Natalie. She looked horrible and that's just putting it mildly. Her eyes were red and she was now softly sobbing. These three girls were so close and inseparable and I had to come between them and destroy what they had.

Whatever Natalie and I did, it was completely out of the blue. There were no emotions involved, just pent up frustration. She did catch me hooking up with someone at a party and confronted me about it. How our fight lead to tearing each other's clothes off, I would never know. It actually seems stupid as I thought about it. Stupid and unrealistic.

She was horrified when she woke up the next morning and I wouldn't lie, it did hurt my male ego a bit. But as her reasons became clear, I was shamed of myself. She was worried that she had ruined a lifetime of friendship and here I was, sleeping with anyone who had a vagina. It was pretty clear who deserved Zara and who didn't.

I took in my near nakedness and the fact that it would help me in shifting, which would make it easy to catch up to Zara. I needed to talk to her am explain everything. Things I hadn't told her yet, about me and my life. She deserved to know them, even if it was too late. My wolf whined at the thought of being away from his mate.