VII. The Realization

Sixteen days old

OK, I'm pretty sure that at this point this is just getting plain annoying and it really needs to get a life

Yes, I'm talking about that Heart Monitor. That little bitch.

I guarantee that if I were to develop a trauma- all things considered- I bet the only thing that I will hear of it will be the endless 'Beep... Beep... Beep...'.

And being haunted with an image of a person looking down on me.

That's right, there was an actual-blurry- person looking down on me when I woke up. Not something you wanna wake up to when you are just a defenceless infant.

"Hmn... Well, the Sandaime wasn't exaggerating about the 'far-fetched condition' that's for sure."

I blink at the stranger-male, if his deep voice says anything for itself- mentally frowning at his blurry but obvious big spiky white hair.

And just like that, I was splashed with the flashback of my new parents arguing while using names- and words- of a certain famous but over series/volumes manga/anime.

My instinct to want answers but at the same time wanting nothing more for this stranger-not if he is who I think it is- to go away. The Heart Monitor, being the Heart Monitor didn't fail to pick up on my poor little heart racing up.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep...

Being well aware of the white head- aka Jiraiya, for sure- backing away from my weak vision, in a alarming speed. I felt confused.

Only for me to hear another set of footsteps running my way, but they were halted-

"Haruno-san, I believe it is not smart to be approaching your daughter while she is in distress. At least not until she calms down."

"And what if she never will be able to calm down, Jiraiya-san? Because I swear on my maternal instinct, I will skin you alive over and over again if my little Sakura dies, just because you-"

I blink in attention when my new mothers voice manifests' itself. The baby in me relaxing at the sound of its mother nearby. Calming at the more familiar voice.

"I assure you Haruno-san, I will do everything in my power to help your daughter, even if its the last thing I do."

"... Just like how you're helping your Godson? By leaving him?"

"..."

"If you can't or even try to help your own student's son, then how am I suppose to trust you to help my daughter?"

"Because I'm the only one in this village that can."

"... For now."

"Yeah... For now..."