X. The Butterflys' (Mebuki)

Mebuki's POINT OF VIEW

"Is the little one, awake?"

I glance up from my scroll organising task.

I blink at the sole Haruno dude of the Haruno clan. My unamused visage being the only answer to his question.

Really, not even a 'Hello'.

One glance at me was all it took for Kizashi to get his answer. With a tired sighn he closes the door after himself after he takes of his old Geta sandels.

To say that seeing him do that routine after so many years into this marriage has become really boring; would be... accurate.

I remember the first two years of this routine how giddy it made my heart, seeing the man that I married come home after his tiring work— like a good husband does who is trying to provide for his still developing family— while I am in the middle of doing chores in the house— like a good wife does.

I had never dreamt of powerful professions, only a way to build a life full of love. I never a pursued status other than to be the soulmate of the man-of-my-dreams and mother to my children. I know that is in part because of my fractured upbringing, that I sought what I didn't have and desperately needed. I respect others who harbour other ambitions— shinobi/kunoichi— yet I resist the notion that their ambitions are greater than mine.

'How can there be a greater ambition than finding love, understanding love and helping to create a world with more love and happiness?'

I remember how that used to be my naive saying, for every time people questioned my ambition.

But as I slowly grow up, I was getting aware of how unoriginal my ambitions were. A lot of kids had those kinds of dreams at some point in their life.

And often than not, most of them grew out it, and chose to become shinobis' instead; which more than half of them got killed from it in the end.

I was just one of the many lucky ones, that held on to that kind of dream long enough to actually fulfill it. Which to this day still makes me feel proud of myself.

Only I didn't get to marry the man of my dreams. Not really.

"How's been everything going around the house? Any thing heavy you want me to move? Anything too far of reaching for me to get? Or should I go take a shower right now?"

I get out of my stupor at Kizashi's kind voice, and even benevolent questions.

That familiar feeling of shame hit me at my insolent way of referring to him as 'not the man of my dreams' when really he has been the best and supportive husband a woman can ever ask for.

Specially, after hearing the complains of other housewives— specifically those who weren't lucky to get to choose who they'll marry. I have practically hit a goldmine with marrying Kizashi. Not money wise, but supportive wise. Which is something very rare to find in a person, in a world like this.