33

"How about bowling? I know a good bowling place which is open all night. What say?" Stella suggested as we walked out of the restaurant with full tummies and a happy smile plastered on our faces. To say that the food was delicious would be an understatement, it was finger licking yum.

This place was definitely going to be added in one of my favourites list.

We all nodded our heads and started walking towards the car, but there was this small tinsy-winsy problem- we came here walking, which means our car was parked away at exactly half an hour distance and I had zero to no energy in me to walk.

The rest of the group didn't really look like they remembered anything about the car being parked so far away considering how they were starting to walk towards the parking lot. I stayed rooted in my place and when Dante turned around giving me a questioning gaze by raising an eyebrow, which I might add, I still find pretty hot, I stated the fact,

"We came here walking."

A groan escaped Stella's mouth and she stomped her foot like a child, "Who the fuck decided it was a good idea to leave the fucking car begin?!"

"You." I choked out, stifling the laugh.

"Me?" She asked, pointing her index finger towards her.

I nodded my head and replied, "Yes, you. Remember how you decided to walk away after yours and Ethan's stea-I mean, erm, moment?" Her cheeks instantly flushed pink as she muttered something inaudible to my ears.

"This date is turning out fucking fantastic." She said, making me feel bad all of a sudden. If it weren't for me and my stupid cupid arrow, none of this would have happened and we all would have been laying in the comforts of our beds, but now, look at us- all in a mess.

And all because of me.

"I am sorry," I apologized, looking at the floor, "—if it wouldn't have been me and my stupid idea of a date, none of this would have happened."

She instantly rushed by my side and pulled me into a comforting hug, which I instantly returned as she whispered in my ear, "Shh, it's not your fault. I am sorry, I was acting grumpy from the very beginning and it's my fault. Forgive me?"

A small tear escaped my eye and I hugged her even more tightly. I was so lucky to have founded a friend like her and I don't think I could have asked for anyone better.

"Aww, can I join too?" Ethan cooed.

"Fuck off!"

"Always so grumpy." He teased her and then looked at me before speaking, "Let's start walking then?"

"I don't want to." I whined because I was honestly really tired from all the walking, especially when I was not even a fit person.

"You don't want to to go bowling?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Ofcourse, I want to! I just don't want to walk."

"Let me carry you." He said and my eyes widened in happiness.

"You will do that?!" I asked, happily and he laughed at my childish behaviour.

"Anything for you, love." He walked towards me and put his arm on my waist, probably to carry me bridal style when we hear someone clear their throat and to be more specific- someone with blue eyes and black hair.

"I can carry her, you don't have to do that." His voice was rough and velvety, as he gave Ethan a hard look which loud and clear spoke, back off.

"It's okay, man. I've got this."

"Why don't you go and carry your date and let me spend some time with my date?"

"Well, that's also a good idea." He said, turning towards Stella and before she could contemplate or state her opinions, he carried her bridal style and tightened his hold on her as she started fidgeting.

"Let me go!" She yelled and started punching his chest.

"Just accept the damn ride I am giving you for free, Stels." He said, looking into her eyes.

"I don't want free rides from you."

"You can pay me in kisses." He winked at her and she growled angrily before crossing her arms over her chest and giving him a glare, but not arguing, probably because she also knew there was no winning against him.

It was really a fun sight to see.

Stella.

Losing an argument.

For the first time.

Ever.

"Shall we go?" Dante asked and I nodded, as he carried me bridal style before starting our walk towards the car.

All the while to the car, I felt tingling sensation everywhere his hands touched. My arms were secured against his neck as I kept looking into his eyes like a creep that I was, but to my defence, he wasn't complaining either.

His blue orbs looked at me as I did the same. All of a sudden, something flashed in his eyes as he shook his head and averted his gaze away from me and started looking straight at the road. It was clear, that he was trying to ignore me and I damn well knew that reason.

The feeling that I always get by just standing in his presence was something magical and pure and something that I had never experienced before. He made me feel safe and protected and I knew that I was catching feelings for him. I also knew I liked him, but that was a while ago, the way my heart beats now when he looks at me clearly indicates that what I feel towards him now was strong, but I had to be more sure about my feelings before I go and unwrap them before him.

"Dante?" I called him as he hummed in response.

"Are you mad at me?" His eyes landed on me and his gaze immediately softened.

"I can never be mad at you, baby."

"Then why are you trying to ignore me?"

"Because I know what I feel for you is strong and I also know that no matter how much I try, I will never be able to make you return those feelings."

"Don't say that."

"Isn't it true, though?" He asked rhetorically and I shook my head.

"I might like you." I said and he rosed his eyebrows before asking, "Might?"

"Mhm, all you need to do is give me few more days so that I can be sure of my feelings before I express them before you." I didn't know from where all this confidence was coming in me, but I just felt that it was a right thing to do and say at this moment, so I did and let's be honest—

I don't want to let him go.

"Take all your time, baby, just don't let me keep hanging off the hook because I won't be able to catch myself."

••••••••

I don't know why, but I just get angry so easily.

Nerd Is A Babysitter ✓ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara