37

"So, you and Dante, huh?" Zoey asked and my cheeks instantly turned red at the mention of his name which she instantly caught and started laughing, "You've got it really bad, girl!"

"It's nothing like that." I tried to brush off the topic, but she was adamant on knowing our status, heck, even I wanted to know our status.

"Don't you like him?" She asked, crossing her legs and tying her hair into a messy bun after trying a million times to stop them from covering her right side.

Hair can be irritating sometimes.

"I do." I replied honestly and to be frank, it felt really good talking about my feelings loudly. No doubt, Stella, Ethan and I had talked about this particular topic before, but for some reason there was this different kind of comfort in talking with Zoey. Maybe because as Klaus had mentioned many times, we were both alike in many terms and no, the chemistry of similar repel didn't work for us.

"But?" She asked, looking at the hesitance on my face.

"I don't know, Zoey." I shrugged my shoulders and adjusted myself against the pillow, comforting myself before continuing, "I like him, I really do. He is the sweetest guy I've ever met, he can be possessive and overly jealous at times, but those are all the qualities that makes him, him, you know?"

She nodded her head in understanding and motioned me to continue, "We both are opposites at many things, but that's what pulls us together. I have seen him many times sacrificing his parties for me and then he does this small little gestures that makes me fall for him everyday, little by little and the idea of losing him scares me."

She patiently listened to me in understanding, without making a single sound except for few 'mhmms' and 'yeahs' and when she found me almost at the verge of tears, she held my hand and rubbed soothing circles at the back of my hand with her thumb and sat closer,

"You are scared of being with him because you hate the idea of losing him, is that what is stopping you?" I nodded my head and looked up trying to stop the tear from escaping. I had always been like this, crying over small matters, at times people had called me a crybaby for crying over a broken eraser in primary, incompletion of homework in middle school and now here I was, crying over a guy in high school.

I never thought this day would come.

"You like him, Avelyn, you really do. Please, don't let your negative thoughts come in between your relationship with him. Atleast give it a try, you don't want to live your entire life thinking about what would your status with him have been if you would have just give it a go, do you?"

And then my stupidity sink in.

"You are right. You are absolutely right." I said, standing up from the bed, very refreshed, might I add.

"And I am stupid, absolutely stupid." I muttered under my breath, but Zoey's laugh made me realise how I had not been that quiet.

"You are." I gave her 'the' look and she quiet down instantly trying to stifle her laugh.

Atleast my glare work on her, I thought.

Not even two seconds later, she went into hysterics of laughs and sobs, making me roll my eyes at her, "S-Sorry." She said in between her laughs, but making no attempt to stop the laugh.

So much for apologizing.

"Fine, I am leaving!" I flared my hands in the air, dramatically and walked out of the room, Zoey following me right behind, "Wait, I am sorry!"

"I'm not leaving because you were laughing at me—" she breathed a sigh of relief, "—partly, but because it's too late and I am yet to inform my friends and family about the reason why I bunked school today. Don't want them to think someone kidnapped me or something."