Artemis x Female Reader

You were one of the only female hunters in Ancient Greece. You were one of the best too. You didn't worship Artemis though, you didn't want to be tied down and not find a relationship. Right now you were in a relationship with a married woman. Of course you two kept it a secret, but at first it was mostly so she could get revenge on her husband for marrying another woman while married to her, but now you two had fallen in love. Women weren't supposed to marry another woman, but you were going to find a way to marry her.

All you ever wanted was her, she was the only thing that gave you strength in this world. You were always persecuted for being a woman, people believed that you would do much worse, but you were showing them that it wasn't true at all, that a woman could be just as good as a man.

People say you were just as good of a Hunter as Artemis, and this news soon came to the goddess. She was enraged by this news, so she was going to challenge you. She grabbed her bow and arrows, making her way through the forest. She knew you would be somewhere near a city, probably resting before going out hunting.

She changed into her mortal form and walked into a city, making her way to the tavern. She noticed you were at the back with a woman's you two drank and talked. She glared before walking over, shoving everyone out of the way and stopping right in front of your table. "Yes?" Was all you said, taking a sip of the beer. Artemis sighed and crossed her arms. "I want to challenge you to a hunting match." She said, almost ordered.

You smirked, trying your hardest not to laugh. "Alright, I accept this challenge. When do we start?" You asked, looking up at her. "Now, come on." Artemis grabbed you, dragging you out of the tavern and into the streets of the city.  This surprised you a little, but you obliged, looking at the woman you were with and motioning for her to follow. She did, following You both into the forest, slight fear radiating from her.

This woman was the married woman you were having an affair with, her name is Boris, and she is everything you want.

Artemis began to lay out how this hunting match will go. To win you will have to hunt 3 boars, 2 deer, and a bear by the end of the day. You agreed to this, but demanded that you could have your horse, to which she allowed. You got on your horse, taking Boris's hand and helping her up.

After that you and Artemis went your desperate ways, wondering through the forest in search for what you needed. You knew where to find the best hunts as well, so you went to those areas, getting 3 boars and 2 deer in no time. It was the bear that was the problem. You have only hunted two bears in your life, one was for self defense though.

You decided to stop and rest since Boris was complaining that her ass hurt from riding too much. This made you chuckle, and after 30 minutes of complaining you finally agreed. You got her off the horse, getting off after her and stretching. Boris sighed in relief when getting off the horse, stretching as well and looking around her.

The thing is, is that Artemis had been watching them the whole time, surprised that you were able to get so many kills in such a short amount of time. She did find it attractive, but she also felt slight jealousy. She decided that she would send a giant bear to attack them, and if you are able to survive, then you will win, and she will have you. She was happy to see another woman with ad much skill as her, she wanted to be friends with you, and she will be friends with you.

Soon enough you decided it was time to get back to work, about to help Boris up on the horse when you heard a loud roar coming from behind you. This put you on edge, knowing exactly what it was. You turned around, seeing a bear, but it was no ordinary bear. This bear was larger than any you have seen, at least 12 feet tall and with the tail of a snake.

"Boris, go!" You yelled, grabbing your sword and bow and arrows. You aimed an arrow at it, shooting it in the shoulder which only made it even more angry. Boris was frozen in fear at this point, unable to move. You growled, grabbing her and climbing up a tree, the bear chasing after you.

You were able to get up just in time though, placing her on the highest branch and watching as your horse ran around the bear and the tree. You knew it was waiting for you to jump, so you waited until finally jumping out the tree, landing on the horses back. The bear watched you as you ran away, hitting it with arrows so it's attention was on you. The bear quickly started running, almost as fast as the horse.

Filled with adrenaline, you stood up on the horse, waiting for the right moment then jumping on the bear's back once it got close enough. You pulled your sword out of its sheath, clinging onto the bears fur as it stood up, shaking violently in hopes of shaking you off. The snake tail watched you, striking once the bear stopped. You were quicker though, stabbing it through the jaw right before it could bite you.

With the snake tail dead, you turned your attention to the bear, climbing up its back. You made it onto its neck, wrapping your legs around it's neck, choking it. The bear clawed at your legs, but you could barely feel it, raising your sword and stabbing it through the bears head. It roared out in pain, clawing you one final time before falling over.

You got off, walking around the bear and to its front. You saw it breathing heavily, clinging to life with pain and fear in its eyes. You frowned at this, rubbing it's cheek, your heart aching for the bear. "Don't worry, you will live in in the afterlife." You said softly then stabbed it in the heart, letting the bear take its final breath and then closing its eyes.

You watched the bear carefully, a frown on your face. Even though it tried to kill you, you couldn't help but to feel sad for it. The bear didn't know better, it probably felt threatened by you and so it attacked.

Artemis came out of the bushes, her eyes widened in amazement. You turned around when hearing her, wiping away come blood that had splattered on your face. Your legs shook as you tried to stay standing, claw marks and blood covering your legs. Artemis sighed and walked over, taking you in her arms as she slowly turned into her godly form. "You did well, I will reward you." She said, looking down at her legs.

Artemis made her sit down and healed her legs. You signed as the pain was relieved, looking at her with thankful eyes. "Thank you, goddess." You said softly as Artemis leaned closer to you. "Anything for you...." She whispered, about to kiss you when you gently pushed her away, looking around when noticing Boris wasn't here.

You stood up, running through the forest until you saw Boris climbing down the tree you put her in, a sigh of relief leaving your lips. She smiled at you, walking over and hugging you. "I'm so glad you're okay...." She said, nuzzling into your chest. You wrapped your arms around her, smiling and kissing her head. "And I'm glad you are okay." You said, rubbing her back.

Artemis watched in jealousy, soon pushing between them and wrapping an arm around your waist. "Why don't we go home?" She asked, you nodding. "Good idea." You said and whistled, your horse running over and stopping in front of you. This was only the beginning of your journey....