Chapter One

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS FROM THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY SERIES-THEY BELONG TO THE AMAZING RICHELLE MEAD-HOWEVER I DO OWN ALL THE NEW CHARACTERS INTRODUCED IN THIS FANFIC. THERE IS NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED.

SIDE NOTE: This book is based off the Vampire Academy Series after Last Sacrifice. This will be explained in the book, but Rose is able to have a baby with Dimitri because when he is turned from Strigoi back to dhampir his Moroi genes are enhanced. This book also is more about Dimitri and Rose’s life after Last Sacrifice and is mostly about their love and life with each other and their friends. I’m taking my approach on the characters and how they appear to me in the books. I am going to try to make them as similar as I can, but obviously people see the characters in different ways. 

Chapter One

“Hey.” 

“How long have you been up?” I asked and smoothed down my hair.

“An hour-maybe two.” Dimitri took my hands and kissed my forehead.

“And you have just been...watching me?” 

“Yes.”

“Creep.” I accused.   

“I like watching you sleep. You’re so peaceful. I wish I could make the world like that for you all the time.” Dimitri told me. I smiled and snuggled myself up to him. It wasn’t like him to say those kind of things randomly. I kissed him softly, gently. He took over and pulled me on top of him, deepening the kiss. 

I pulled away reluctantly, “We have guardian duties today.” I reminded him. Lissa was queen now and, after her first month of having the role, she was finally settling in to it. You could hear the authoritative ring in her voice now, and no one had a problem with listening to her. She was already proving herself to be a great leader. The only thing people-and by people I mean the snobbier of the royals-had a problem with was Christian. Lissa had arranged for him to live in the Royal Court with her. Christian was trying hard to adapt to the role of being Queen Lissa’s boyfriend. She hasn’t changed at all and she doesn’t expect him to either, but I think he expects him to change. Others who lived on the Courts grounds gave him dirty looks, but no one started anything. Who would want to go against Dimitri? Besides me, but I’m his girlfriend and I’m allowed to give him a bad time. Hmm...his girlfriend. Dimitri’s girlfriend. I had never been a typical teenage girl who swooned over those words, but Dimitri made me different. A good different, happy different. Because of Lissa becoming Queen, she made college a second priority. Which meant her being at the Court most of the time along with Christian-and where they are, so are Dimitri and I. We got weekends off and during the week we had little hours because of the great security. 

“Well damn.” Dimitri kissed me quickly once more, and slipped out from under me. I glanced at the clock only to realize I had about fifteen minutes to get to Lissa’s housing. I sprang to my feet and pulled on my underwear, bra, and all black guardian clothing. “How do manage to look beautiful in a pair of ripped up black jeans and a holy black tank top?” 

“I only look beautiful to you.” I rolled my eyes. He rolled his. We walked hand in hand to Lissa’s house, knowing Christian would be there too. I knocked on the door. 

“Hey. We’re not ready yet.” Christian said as he opened the door in just his boxers. I covered my eyes. 

“Ew, sparky. Get dressed.” I squealed.