Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Dimitri kissed my belly. “Hey there baby.” he cooed. I grinned and rolled my eyes. He would have full discussions with my stomach if I allowed it.  

“Stop being weird. You’re going to scar our child before it even comes out.” 

“Whatever.” Dear lord. If he was like this now, what about when I start showing?

“We have to go. Remember our welcome party got delayed to today.”

“Yes. Are we telling them?”

I nodded, “Probably easiest if we make a big announcement.” 

“Yeah. I told them to tattoo you there too. I figured after your billionth Strigoi killing, it’s not a big deal.” I smiled, I remember when I was first in love with Dimitri. When we were in his bed, under a spell that wasn’t completely the necklace, and I was so amazed that he had killed six Strigoi. He told me I would have more than him one day. Who would have thought that day would be only a year from then? I did have more than him, but only because I was reckless. I jumped into any fight blindly, it’s stupid. Then again, I’ve never lost. “Hey-earth to Rose.” 

“Oh, sorry.”

“Are you okay? What were you thinking about?” Dimitri, always worrying. 

“Just thinking about our first kiss, the night we almost-”

“I should have taken you there. Realized I was hopelessly in love with you, no matter what.” Taken me? How did he make those words sound so hot?

“It certainly would have made things easier. Lissa would be dead though. It was good that one of us could bring ourselves to sense.”

He laughed, “It was so hard to walk away from you. If that happened to us now, after all I know, I wouldn’t have tried.” 

“Lissa would be dead.” 

“Maybe not.” I should be mad at him for saying he would risk Lissa’s life just to have sex with me-but I couldn’t be. Because in all honesty, I do love him a little bit more than her. It doesn’t mean I would actually risk her life for sex, just that I understood what he was saying. And I loved him for it. 

“When did you first realize you were in love with me?” I asked him.

“Realized?” I nodded. “When you kissed me that night. But I was in love with you for a lot longer than that Roza. Every time you touched me was like a second of heaven, of coming home. Even if you were punching me in the face.” I laughed. 

“You have a strange standard of love Comrade.”

He tickled my sides, “What about you?”

“I have no idea. I feel like my love for you has always been there, just waiting for you to man up and claim it.”

“Man up?”

“Yes. It took you long enough.” I teased. 

“Oh Roza, you exhaust me.” 

                                                                ~o0o~

Dimitri’s Point of View

Abe did not look happy. He must know. Rose took my hand and said goodbye to Eddie. She had cached up with everyone now and she was walking to the front of the room. My palms were growing sweaty. How would people react? We finally reached our destination and Rose looked out over the crowd proudly. She may not know it, but she was born to lead. To be the best. “Hey everyone! We have an announcement.” I got everyones attention. There wasn’t a pair of eyes that weren’t on us.