Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Dimitri’s Point of View

Our honeymoon had been amazing, she never left my arms. Except when she devoured box after box of chocolate donuts and when she went to the bathroom, but she was in my arms now. My wife was sleeping deeply, like she had been lately. We were at home now and she was passed out soon after I carried her across the threshold. She moaned and pulled herself on top of me. “Dimitri.” she mumbled. 

“Roza?” 

“No. I’m not awake.” 

“Babe, you’ve been sleeping forever.” I complained. 

“Fine. But I’m sleepy, so if it makes me a bitch-then I’m a bitch.”

“Cука.” I told her. 

“Hm?” Her head popped up and she peeked up at me. 

“That means bitch or slut in Russian.” 

She sat up, “Tell me more.” 

“Eбать, means fuck.”

“I’ve heard you say that a lot. This whole time I’ve been thinking you never cuss. Such a saint. I can’t believe I married a man I don’t know.” she teased. 

“Shut up.” 

“More.” 

I sighed, “Crap is чепуха.” 

“How do you say damn?”

“Damn is проклятие.” I smiled down at her, “Я люблю тебя.” 

“What?”

“I love you.” 

She giggled, “How do you say ‘take your clothes off.’”

“Раздевайся.” 

“Mmm...don’t have to ask twice.” She slid her pajama pants down slowly and I soon realized she was taking her panties with them. 

                                                                               ~o0o~

Sex with Rose made me forget the world. The only thing that mattered was the feel of me in her and the look in her eyes when I made her fall apart beneath me. The way she would pant my name when I would make her come. It was amazing. Mind-blowing. She left me wanting more even when I think I couldn’t possibly handle it. “I love you.” she murmured in the darkness. 

“As I you Mrs. Belikov.” 

“Guardian.” she reminded me, I rolled my eyes. “That was nice.” 

“Yeah, it was.” 

“Yep. I’m pretty amazing.” she boasted and then gasped. “Oh.” 

“What’s wrong?!” I was worried. She shook her head and ran to the bathroom. “What’s wrong?!” I yelled and followed her. She was kneeling over the toilet barfing. I sat beside her, held her hair, and rubbed her lower back until she was done. She looked up and was about to say something-probably “Go away!”-but then she started throwing up again. 

When she was finally done she turned to me, “You didn’t have to see that.” 

“That’s ridiculous Roza. I’m your husband, it’s part of the duties I owe to you. Now, what’s wrong?” 

“I don’t know. I just...uh...can you get me some water?” I nodded and walked quickly to get her some water. As I walked into the bathroom I realized she had made me get water so she could throw up alone. I rolled my eyes and set the glass of water on the counter. I pulled her hair into a ponytail and ran a washcloth under cold water. I pressed the cloth to her forehead. She sat back against the wall and gave me a weak smile. “I think I’m good.” I grabbed the glass of water and sinked down beside her. She pressed the cloth to her forehead. 

“Maybe you should go to the doctor.” I told her and she rolled her eyes. 

“I just threw up Comrade! It’s not a big deal.” 

“Fine. But if something else happens, you’re going.” 

“Deal.” 

“Think you could keep down breakfast?” I asked.

“Real food? Yes.” I laughed. 

“Okay eggs, toast, bacon.”

“And sausage.” I grinned and walked to the kitchen to make her a hearty breakfast. 

                                                                            ~o0o~

Rose’s Point of View

The morning had started strange, but ended well. I was back on guardian duty, but it was a low maintenance afternoon. Lissa asked me to go with her shopping. Since I was eager to be doing something other than Dimitri-which was not a bad thing at all-I assured her I would be okay not shopping and being the only guardian. However, Guardian Shaw was coming by the insistence of the court. I took far guard because I knew I would get distracted by Lissa’s talking to me. I was scanning the area when I saw him. His eyes were blazing red and was looking directly at me. Strigoi logic. Take out the far guard first. So I discreetly looked around the whole area. From what I could tell he was alone. I went to the bathroom and felt him following me. What an idiot. A guardian never took a bathroom break while on duty. I was obviously trapping him. I walked into the shadows of the long hall to the bathroom and he was on me. I pushed him off and pulled out my stake. He was coming out me again. I faltered. I knew him from somewhere. Didn’t I? Shit, no. Close, but no. By the time I thought that through I was taking a hard hit in the shoulder. He bit into my neck and I pushed him off quickly. That was bad. Instead of leaving fang holes in my neck he left gashes that spluttered blood. Fuck I was loosing blood and strength quickly. So, with my last whim of strength I staked him and we both fell hopelessly hard to the ground. I ripped my stack out of his heart and shoved it in my pants before blacking out to the sound of screaming. 

________________________________________________________

Sorry-really short chapter! It just seemed like the right place to end it. I'll update soon. Fan, Comment, Vote, Keep reading! Thanks! ~Sydney4285