jodie is an angel

a/n: before i start this chapter, i want to point out that there will be talk of bullying in the first part of the chapter and perhaps mention of self harm. italics are when y/n is dreaming. i hope you enjoy the chapter, i'll pop back in again at the end to leave a message. enjoy

It was all so clear, you could smell the old shed that they locked you in, you could hear their laughing and you could feel the blood, dripping down your nose. It was almost as though it was happening again.

"Y/n, why don't you just kill yourself." One of your classmates Max, shouted. You hated your school, nobody liked you.

"Yeah, I agree with Max.." You heard another voice, this time it belonged to the person who hated you most - Sophia Adams. You knew she wanted you dead, she reminded you everyday.

This was it. This was the day you tried to end it all for the first time but you didn't, you couldn't what if one day, you would get the chance to meet Jodie.

The harsh words of your classmates were going round in your head, you couldn't stop them and you needed an escape. You needed Jodie, you knew you were dreaming by this point but you couldn't wake up.

"Help me...please." You whispered in hope that someone would hear you.

"PLEASE HELP ME, SOMEONE PLEASE" you were shouting now. You needed to get out of your dream before you hurt yourself somehow, or before you had a panic attack.

You felt a pair of arms wrap around you but you needed to get away, you were being dragged by Sophia and Max. You began scratching at the skin on your face, anything to get you away from this.

"Y/n, please wake up. It's Jodie, you're safe, I promise you." Jodie said, holding you safe in her arms but it felt like you were being dragged away. You couldn't wake up. It was all happening too quickly, you couldn't breathe and it felt like all the air had been pulled out from your lungs.

You knew you were having a panic attack and you so desperately needed to wake up, you needed to get yourself out of the mess you were in and realise you were safe, but it wasn't that simple. That wasn't how the mind of y/n worked, was it? It was always too complicated. Your damaged brain always made everything more complicated than it needed to be, but you finally woke up, you were safe in Jodie's arms and you weren't being harmed by anyone.

You were on the purple sofa, with Jodie Whittaker, this felt like a dream but you knew it was reality. You also knew Jodie would want to know what happened in your dream to make you cry and scream for help so you decided to tell her before she asked, you knew you had to otherwise she would worry, you didn't want that.

"My.. u..uh classmates.. in school.. u..used to b..bully me a...and they used to attack me" you began, being silenced by one of Jodie's fingers over your lips.

"Y/n, you don't have to tell me yet, stop and take a breather for a minute. I brought you a custard cream if you want one? It's come especially from the TARDIS." Jodie smiled, giving you a wink, knowing you'd take the custard cream, who didn't like custard creams? Right?
"Thank you" you smile back.
Jodie pats you on the shoulder and puts her arm around you.

"Thank you for everything you've said to me and done for me." you smile at Jodie.

"Aw that's okay y/n. I will always be here for you no matter what you need. I'm sure Mandip, Tosin and Brad will welcome you once you meet them too. I'd like to know what your dream was about but we can have a breather first, how about if I take you to meet the rest of the cast?" Jodie questions and smiles back.
You're so shocked that you can't even talk, imagine meeting Mandip, Tosin and Brad, as well as Jodie, all in one day. It's so much to get your head around.