Mum?

Hi guys, so I just wanted to say HUGE MASSIVE thank you to those of you reading this book. It now has 1k readers and that's CRAZY!! I didn't think it would make it to 1 I'm not going to lie, THANK YOU.  I also wanted to apologise for not updating in forever, with all this coronavirus stuff, I've been really stressed and unmotivated so I didn't feel like writing. But, I'm planning to write a Jodie x Reader love interest relationship and also a Taylor Swift x Reader book because I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan and I've always wanted to write my own book, so that's what I'm going to do. Love you all, thank you for reading and sorry this update took so long!
TW: Mentions of Abuse, Self harm, thoughts that are harmful, death, mentions of eating disorder and panic attacks.
Please be safe! And if there's anything you need, I'm only a message away please don't be scared to reach out and talk to someone if you're struggling.

Third Person - No POV

Jodie was lying on the sofa, Y/N's head resting in her lap. She was slightly worried for Y/N, she just collapsed in her arms, it had been around 20 minutes and the teenager hadn't woken up. Jodie was really starting to get worried, she didn't know what to do. Claire, the woman who worked at the adoption centre that Y/N had been brought up in, had been abusing her verbally, and physically. And that same woman wanted to take Y/N back, no chance. Jodie wasn't having any of it.

Y/N's POV

I woke up and my head was on Jodie's lap. I think I passed out. I don't remember it.
"Jodie?" I asked, my voice coming out in more of a whisper than I intended.
"Hi sweetheart. I'm here. You're okay." She replied and began stroking my hair. I wondered when I could start calling her mum, because I wanted nothing more but I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.
"I-uh. No never mind." I went to ask, but decided against it. I'm not.
"What is it Y/N? Tell me." Jodie asks in a kind tone.
"I was uh wondering when I can call you uh mum. B-but I-it's okay if I can't, I don't mind." I stuttered. I didn't want her to think badly of me, it hasn't been that long and I don't want her to leave.
"You can call me Mum whenever you're ready to. No pressure from me, I love you and I'm ready when you're ready." Jodie replied, leaning down to kiss the top of my head.
"Maybe i-if I call you mum, Claire might let you sign the papers and then you can legally be my mum?" I say, a long sigh following my words.
"I think that's a brilliant idea." Jodie laughed.

_________

Two hours later, it was 5:00pm. Time had gone by so quickly, probably cause I collapsed. One thing Jodie doesn't know and probably should know is that I'm anaemic, which means I don't have enough iron in my blood. It causes me to pass out occasionally. I'll tell her that another time.
Jodie and I were just having a regular conversation when my phone pinged. I knew it was Claire and I knew she was probably messaging to say I needed to go back. I wasn't going back. I'm staying with Jodie, whether she likes it or not.

"Let's check your phone together, shall we?" Jodie asked.
"Yeah. I'm scared of her." I whispered, loud enough for Jodie to hear.
"You don't have to be, I'll protect you, always." She replied, smiling at me and pulling me into a hug.

I just smiled and lay my head on her shoulder while I unlocked my phone, going to the message app and opening it. It was now 5:20, meaning the message she sent was almost 10 minutes ago.

Claire (5:16pm):
Hi Y/N. Please listen to me now, you need to get back to the adoption centre. If you don't get back, you'll have me to deal with and I'm not very happy. You know what happens when children misbehave. So get back. NOW. And DO NOT get this Jodie to reply. I don't want to hear about her again.

I burst into tears again, Claire was going to have it her way and I would be back at the centre by myself, with nobody to talk to. I would be taken to yet another abusive family and be mistreated over and over again. It happens all the time, because who wants a seventeen year old girl.

"Hey, shush, Y/N look at me." Jodie said in a soft whisper.
I looked up into her hazel eyes and sighed.
"I'm not going to let you go there on your own, I'll take you back, but I'll sign the adoption papers while we're there. Sound like a plan, daughter?" She smiled with a wink.
"Yes, Mum." I giggled. "It sounds like a plan." I sniffed and wiped my tears away.
"Let's reply to Claire and tell her that you'll be back in the morning, but I'm coming with you and I'm not leaving until she lets me sign the papers." Jodie laughed.

Y/N (5:28pm):
I'm coming back tomorrow morning, but Jodie is coming with me and she isn't leaving until you let her sign the adoption papers.

We spent the rest of the night playing around and talking about things until I fell asleep. I was dreaming about going back to the adoption centre and not being with Jodie, Claire was hitting me, because that's how everyone gets punished and after a while. It felt real. It felt like she was actually hitting me. The tears were uncontrollable and I could feel myself being dragged into a panic attack. I hate this, someone save me.

I'm leaving it here because people want me to update. I hope you enjoyed. I really can't be bothered to update. Go and follow and read my stories on my other account @jazzyswiftt xx