jodie, you're amazin'

hi, it's me again! i hope you enjoyed the last chapter.
it wasn't meant to be that depressing so i am sorry about that, i hope you enjoyed it
anyway because i really enjoyed writing it, it was fun. this next chapter will be slightly
depressing again even though i said it would be happy. im so sorry! and TW: there are mentions of abuse, suicide and also self harm.

Jodie's POV

I'm sitting next to Y/N on the sofa and she's cuddled into my side, we just had a little incident where I had to clean up her self harm but she didn't get as far as telling me why she did it. I don't want to pressure her, but if I'm going to be her new mother, I'm going to need to know when things are bothering her.
I feel so bad, she's been through so much and clearly, hates herself. I have no idea why though. She's such a pretty young girl. She starts to wake up so I run my fingers through her hair, I hope it sends her back to sleep because it seems like she doesn't sleep much anyway. She always seems so exhausted, I feel awful about it.

Y/N's POV

As I open my eyes, I can feel Jodie running her fingers through my short y/h/c (your hair colour.) it makes me feel so relaxed. I did nothing to deserve any of this.
"Did ya have a good sleep?" Jodie asks, her voice barely above a whisper.
"Yeah, I did. Thank you for everything you've done, c..can I uh, talk to you about why I did what I did?" I whisper back, my voice cracking at the end.
"Of course you can love, I was going to ask you if you would tell me why you did it properly, and don't worry, you can trust me. I'll always be here for you, I promise." Jodie says in the sweetest tone of voice I've ever heard.
"O..okay, so uh, um." I gulp, this isn't going to be easy.
"It's okay Y/N, take your time sweetheart, we have all day." Jodie reassures.
This is probably the hardest thing I've done, I'm not bad at sharing feelings, it's just, it's just a little bit scary when it's Jodie Whittaker.
"S..so um, i..in the adoption centre, the um.. the owner.. Claire.. s-she messaged me a..and said that I..I have to g..go back but I..I can't because sh..e hits me." I breakdown. "J..Jodie... I can't g..go. P..please don't make me go." I choke out through my sobs.
"Oh Y/N, I'm so sorry love, you don't deserve that at all. I wont make you go back, I promise. You're safe here with me, forever." Jodie replies, in the most reassuring tone of voice I've ever heard in a human.
"Is there anything else that's happened?" Jodie asks.
I get out my phone, preparing to show her the text message when I get another one, and then another one. Then a phone call and then another phone call. After I decline both. I get another one. Three missed calls.
"Is that Claire?" Jodie asks in quite an irritated tone of voice. Oh god, have I made her angry?
"Y..yeah. I.. uh, I'm sorry for making you angry." I whisper quietly, so afraid she'll shout.
"No, love, it's not you. It's not you at all, don't apologise. You didn't deserve any of what you went through and Claire, can have a piece of my mind. I'll message her back, if you like?" Jodie smiles.
Why is she being so nice to me? She's a living angel. Jodie, is amazing.
"Y..yeah, if you would. Please." I reply in a semi panicked tone.
As I read the messages from Claire, I realise that Jodie is reading them too, making sure it's nothing too harsh, which it is. Kind of.

Claire (1.34pm):
Hello Y/N. I know you have seen my messages. I know you are reading them and I know you are ignroing them. Wherever you are, I would like to know, to ensure we can keep you at the adoption centre and make sure you get taken to a family.
Claire (2:37pm):
Y/N L/N. Don't forget we have location trackers on your bags. Why the bloody hell are you in Cardiff Bay. You had better reply otherwise I will be coming down there to collect you myself.

(The time in the fic right now is 2:45pm)
I have these messages, and three missed calls. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.
"J..jodie?" I ask in a whisper.
"What's wrong love?" Jodie replies, putting her arm around my side to make me feel safer.
I lay my head on her shoulder and it makes me feel a lot better. I feel safe, loved and cared about with Jodie. She makes me so happy.
"Can you reply to Claire before she harrases me anymore?" I ask with a small laugh.
"Yes of course, can I say who I am?" Jodie asks.
"Yeah, you can say whatever." I smile.

I watch her typing from my phone, and wait for her to send the message.

Y/N (2:46pm):
Hello Claire. I'm sending this message on behalf of Y/N because you've traumatised the poor girl and she's SCARED, of you. You may know who I am due to my work on TV shows such as Doctor Who, Broadchurch etc. My name is Jodie Whittaker and I have been looking after Y/N and keeping her safe. I would like to adopt her and keep her here with me. If you would like to know where she is. She's at the Doctor Who studios (Roath Lock) in Cardiff Bay. You can come and "collect her" so long as you bring the Adoption papers.

"Is it okay? Can I send it?" Jodie asks, showing me the phone and the text message that's waiting to be sent. I read it. It's good.
"Yeah, that's great. Thank you for writing it for me. I don't know what I would do without you, actually in all fairness I'd do nothing because I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be sat here, I owe my life to you." I reply with a small smile.
"Oh, Y/N, you don't have to owe your life to me. I'm just Jodie, you're brilliant okay? I owe my career to people like you. It's people like you, who make the whole acting thing worth it. I love you." Jodie grins, pulling me into a big hug.

God. I really don't deserve this, at all. I have never met someone kinder than Jodie. She's actually the kindest human being.
A second later, my phone buzzes again. I look at the time from Jodie's hand and it turns out it's been ten minutes. Wow, time goes by quickly.

Clarie (2:56pm):
Jodie Whittaker? Excuse me. What is Y/N doing with you? She in no way deserves that. She needs to be back at the adoption center right now. Get one of your people to bring her back. Now. She has no right to be there with you, she needs to be here with us so we can send her somewhere. Somewhere she deserves to be.

"One of my people, is she being serious? This woman needs mental help, Y/N, trust me when I say this. I'm not letting you get hurt by her, ever again." Jodie reassures, obviously sensing the worry.
"Thank you, it means a lot. Nobody's ever really cared about me this much in my life before. I am really thankful for you." I smile, resting my head on her shoulder.

She types back another message.

Y/N (2:58pm):
No, I'm not bringing Y/N back. She told me what you did to her. I can get you arrested if I want to, do you want me to get you arrested, Claire?

This is why I love Jodie, she's fearless. She doesn't care about other people's opinions of her and she'll get her point across in whatever way she can.
My phone ping's and rips me out of my thoughts.

Claire (3:02pm):
You wouldn't dare get me arrested. I have an adoption centre to run, the only reason I did that to Y/N is because she's worthless. She needs to learn how cruel the world is and she needs to learn what happens when you misbehave. She needs to learn what happens to girls who make stupid little excuses about going out, about the scars. Bring her back or I will destroy your career.

Claire is going to destroy Jodie's career. She can't do that. Can she? Surely?
Now I'm panicking.
"Shush, Y/N. It's okay, nothing bad is going to happen." Jodie says gently.
That's the last thing I hear before everything goes black..

-
Ooh a cliffhanger!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I'm probably going to update this (and Thasmin Oneshots) regularly now, because we have no more Doctor Who on Sundays, what are we all going to do? But, I'm really sorry for not updating this in ages, hopefully this chapter and the chapter over in my thasmin book makes up for it. Thank you SO MUCH for almost 890 views on this, you have no clue how much it means to me. Thank you for enjoying the book and reading it.
Bye for now,
- thirteensbiscuits <3
1502 words